I'm soooo glad....

Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

yikes...... that stunk big time. sorry you had to go thru that kiddo. i hope today is a better day for you
Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

My heart breaks for you and my back feels for you, what a mess! glad nothing was ruined, I think it is for every bad thing that happens to you, you get 3 good things, so be on the lookout! :D

Ninnie
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 AM

Thanks all! I'm on my way for the wine!!

I've got some Motrin in my system, just need it to kick in and work. Wish I could just sleep for the next day and not worry about anything, but have to get Courtney to work in the morning, then off to Home Depot. Maybe there'll be something else there I need. lol
Oh yes....Duct Tape! I do need some of that! lol
WD40 and Duct Tape, a girls best friend!

I'm pretty sure the water couldn't have been flowing that long, but then again, by the way the cubby under the stairs was flooded.....I dunno.
I'll leave the fans blowing on the legs/feet of the curio for the next day or 2 just to make sure.

Poor Big Boy, he was hiding in the corner by the couch. Guess it was one of the only dry places for him. Monique, she was on the dining table. The poor things......and YES, they both got treats once everything was cleaned up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 AM

Oh, Terri I feel your pain......We had this problem once and it meant replacing carpets which ended up being a lot of work for us. (I know we had insurance but we still ended up moving everything ourselves not to mention it was extremely inconvenient) It was lucky you don't have carpet, they tried drying the carpet to salvege it and it stunk to high Heaven as it started to mold.....(now there's a smell I won't forget-EVER)

There are some things you just don't want to do again....

I wish I could get there quick to pour the wine...

Pat Big Boy for me and tell him, "No more floods!"

Seriously, glad nothing was permanently harmed.

(Where are husbands when you need them?????)
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

So sorry Terri ! Wish I was there to help with the clean up and put back together . I had my basement flood several times and it has carpet and paneling so I can feel your pain, it really sucks.... Drink the wine, relax and go to your happy place
{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} but not too hard since you are so sore :wink:
Sharon
Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 AM

Sorry Terri.....my I can just imagine the mess you had...we been having troubles with our commode too....hope things are better today....:-)....
Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 AM

Gee I wish a bunch of us had been there, we could clean it up quick. Remember vinegar is good for mold and mildew just in case. I glad you did not have big losses :D
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

OMG Terri, I'm SO sorry! You do not deserve something like that! I wish I could come and help clean up. Hope kitties are feeling less stressed and that you have had that wine and relaxed! Sending HUGS!!!

K x
Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Oh man! That is just terrible! I hope the rest of the week goes much better for you.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 AM

So sorry! Take a couple of days off, girl. I had a hose on the washer blow while I was out - water all over the kitchen, hall, into the living room, dining room, and down the basement stairs. Husband out of town of course. I never run the washer or dishwasher and leave now. Another time the sump pump died and water all over the basement. I lost my Christmas decorations but my family photos were up high. I would tell you to keep an eye on the other toilets, but I think you probably will be. I was spooked enuf to check my washer for months! Even when I was home!