Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm wanting a 2nd fur baby...

I see so many fur babies in avatars here on the board and was hoping somebody could help me find a 2nd one to add to our household.

My big boy Miller is 100 pounds and is epileptic. We have been able to manage his seizures but he has to take so much medicine that makes him sleepy. He loves it when we have company, either human or dogs. He is more energetic then. He is such a sweetie but sheds so badly (he is part lab, part boxer and part great dane). I don't want to add to the fur tumbleweeds that we already have.

I've heard terriers are not bad about shedding. I don't want a baby that has to be groomed monthly because of the costs.. Does anyone have any breeds that they would recommend? I'm all for adopting a rescue - those are my favorite!

Kris & Miller :)

I love my boxer.. she has just a little shedding smaller fur. Lover her to pieces!1

Blog Entries
    A second furbaby is a great idea. My furgirls are so happy together. Mine are rescues, too. Dogs = shedding, though a good diet and regular brushing helps keep it under control. Sorry, I'm no help.

try petfinders.com they have so many babies needing a forever home.

Ours is a rescued boxer mix I have a better pic just can't find it right now!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Don't know about other terriers but our Rat terrier sheds more than my long hair chihuahua! I agree that Petfinders is a wonderful place to look. Good luck and can't wait to see who you bring home!

I look on petfinders daily :) I know the perfect one will turn up - just like Miller did.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    try petfinders.com they have so many babies needing a forever home.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My 2 fur babies both came from petfinder.com! My old guy Buddy was starting to act really old so we went online and found him a baby brother to love. Wolfie has put the puppy back in Buddy!! And they both keep mom going!! I would be lost without them!!

Blog Entries
    We have a poochon (part poodle and part bichon). He was a rescue dog we found on petfinder.com. He is wonderful with children who visit, and sheds very little. Low maintainence.

That is what I'm hoping will happen in our house :)

My 2 fur babies both came from petfinder.com! My old guy Buddy was starting to act really old so we went online and found him a baby brother to love. Wolfie has put the puppy back in Buddy!! And they both keep mom going!! I would be lost without them!![/quote]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast