Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Iowa's weather was 3rd-worst

in the nation this summer. Only D. C. and Little Rock, Arkansas had worse weather than we did. Tell me about it!!!!! And it is pouring down rain today and high winds.

Senior Member stitchingmemories's Avatar
    I'm sorry you've had a rough year but, what I would give for pouring rain. We've had no rain this summer. Everything is dry and crunchy, and HOT! Please send our way! lol Our fall colors will be brown and ugly this year.

BTW, I love your avatar! I just love fall colors! My favorite time of year (well not right now, will be like 95 here again today :thumbdown: )

we;re just south of you near Des MOines and it is just spitting right now. Got the lawn mowed just in time!!

And I am just a little farther south than both of you and all we have is wind!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am north of you in Minnesota. I am sure you have heard about the places that had 10 inches and still raining. At 7 this morning we had 4 and it has been raining, pouring all day. What a mess this will be for the farmers. It just put harvest out about another 4 weeks provided it does not rain anymore. May have to wait till frost, and there was a beautiful crop ot there. Time will tell I guess. Need lots of prayers now.

I'm in the SW corner of Iowa and it is raining here.

I'm in NE Wisconsin and there are flood watches everywhere. Luckily we only got 2 1/2" in the past 24 hours, but more is expected tonight.

Our staff got snowed in in Atlanta for a week many years ago. It was colder in Atlanta than Anchorage.