Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
My FQ are all packaged and ready to go. Sitting on my counter. I ran out of time so I will get those out on Monday.
i am in Iowa. We have a Christmas dinner tomorrow with my siblings. There are usually 40-50 of us. Usually not much healthy food to choose from. Hard for me to do food when I travel 400 miles. Portion control, right?
i got a pedometer for Christmas but it seems like it only tracks about half or maybe only 1/4 of my steps. Could I be doing something wrong?
I have the same problem with my pedometer. Help!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 AM

Oh IrishRose I don't know how you do it! Too too cold for me I use to do it but can't anymore. We'll be up to Houghton Lake this summer! And Pam H if you're by Cedar Rapids wave a Hi that's my hometown. Do to asthma DH and I moved to Florida a year ago still have problems but not like living in the Iowa cold climate. Can you believe I can't even go walking if the temp drops to below 60 good night isn't that terrible?! Createfourpaws, hope you are better we just over the flu started 12/10 and we didn't feel human till Christmas Eve so hope it's not the flu.

Weight is slowly coming down I still eat 4 small meals a day, drink at least 6 glasses of water and drink lots of tea too. Love those red grapefruit, they are my favorite citrus and I put on a Tblsp of honey. I have found when I try to modify this way of eating I will actually gain don't know why I guess it's all about balance for me.

FQ's are in the mail as of Friday - had fun visiting our local shop as I didn't have anything coral. I had a Fossil Fern in mind but when I went to find it - couldn't so had to go shopping -.

Today is our celebration of the Epiphany the 12th Day of Christmas so tomorrow I guess we have to take the decorations down and store them away for another year - I'll miss seeing them. Think next year I'll make up some weather proof large gift boxes and put them in the yard on this celebration - neighbors will wonder what thats all about - might be fun.

It's interesting hearing what all of you are doing - keep up the good work -

Any of you doing the Mystery stash buster train ride? it's fun.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 AM

Cindy, my pedometer is the Omron GOsmart. I will have to fuss with it and see if I can get it to work better for me.
today is another driving day. North on I-35 from Des Moines to Minneapolis then east to my house in Wisconsin. No where near Cedar Rapid, daisy.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM

Cindy - I'll be putting my FQ's in the mail to you tomorrow. Getting my butt back on track since I'll be going back to work in a few days. I'm actually looking forward to that!!!! I need my routine back!!!! I have definately enjoyed the time off and all the extra time I had for the Holidays and trips with family and friends, but I need to get myself back to normal again!!!!! And get rid of this bagage I'm carrying around!!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Good Morning my friends

Woke up this morning feeling a little better. Everything is in my head all the congestion, I only get to coughing when the sinuses start draining. No fever or body aches. SO I dont think I got the flu, feels like a head cold and sinus issues.

I am working on the Mystery Train ride also. I am doing the larger size. I got all of my 9-patches done, posted pics on that thread. Also have pic of what is my fabric a and b......but changed my mind on fabric A. I am half way done with putting together clue 2.

Well I am going to go get some breakfast and then work on my mystery quilt. I really need to get back to this t-shirt quilt and get it finished.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM

well one thing with being sick this weekend, I have gotten more done then when I am well. Amazing how that works, can't sleep at night, cat napping during the day. I was able to get both of the clues done on the mystery train ride I am doing here on the board. it has been fun. it is a scappy quilt. here is the picture with it done through the 2 clues given. I ended up chaniging my mind on what i was gonna use in clue 2.

This has been fun. I still need to sew the rows together. but it is better than it was yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2978.jpg  

Last edited by createfourpaws; 01-06-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: forgot to add picture
Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM

Cindy, really like your fabric selection. I've been looking for a little something different and can't seem to make up my mind.

Glad you are feeling better.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Well, gals --- you are lucky! The fat qrtrs will not come to me this month. I can't get my willpower started! Help!!!
I do plan on joining WW this Thurs so maybe that will work???
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Cindy, look at you go on that mystery quilt! I just got home from the weekend away. I need to get my clue printed out and get to work. I also need to work on the wallhanging for the nursery and finish up some booties.
Almost forgot! Here is an interesting little tidbit I got in an email. I REALLY need to start getting to bed early and get more sleep.

[h=3]Sleep More, Weigh Less[/h]Sleeping an extra hour a night could help a person drop 14 pounds in a year, according to a University of Michigan researcher who ran the numbers for a 2,500 calorie per day intake. His scenario shows that when sleep replaces idle activities -- and the usual mindless snacking -- you can effortlessly cut calories by 6%. Results would vary for each person, but sleep may help in another way, too. There's evidence that getting too little sleep revs up your appetite, making you uncommonly hungry.

Last edited by Pam H; 01-06-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Walking the dogs in the moonlight with no wind blowing was lovely tonight. How do I do it? I made a mistake and taught my Siberian mix how to say 'Walk". It's hard to resist a pretty furgirl asking for a walk. She says "Hello", too, and knows when to use it. We were working on "I love you" when I rescued Moira. Now Lily would rather communicate with the Border Collie mix than me. If I am going to keep dogs in an urban setting, then it's my responsibility to see that they get adequate exercise. Lily is a PSD and could be certified a SD if she weren't too shy to pass the CGC test, so I need to keep her. She takes care of me and Moira makes me laugh.

I'm doing better with my food intake, but it hasn't shown much on the scales yet. I will mix up some lemon water and my other concoctions later.

I am losing weight and becoming healthier.