Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM

I am sick today too. I knew yesterday something was up, I was really tired and in bed by 8:30. I was at work for about 4 hours, but then came home and headed for the couch, and bed.

No stair climbing, walking or other form of exercise for me today. But only about 4 ounces of salmon to eat so far. Not hungry, which is a sure sign of being sick. Drinking lots and lots of water.

I have two months of FQ to post, I will try to gt them into the mail on Monday.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM

congrats shadow and cindy with the 5 lbs gone for the month of dec. sorry you are sick cindy, i was hoping you would get my FQ's for nov mailed tomorrow. get better, lots of vitamins, and the dental hygenist was telling me yesterday that she takes zinc, and it helps her stay well.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM

I'm in great need of support in my effort to get my health under control. Need to lose @ least 60-80#'s. I'm diabetic & have high cholesterol & high blood pressure. I'm sure the groups support will help me stay on track. Also the FQ's can be my carrot.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM

Today I received fat quarters from

Vanogay for 3 months
Pete for 3 months

Thank you Pete for the bonus FQ. I love blue bonnetts.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 PM

My FQ are all packaged and ready to go. Sitting on my counter. I ran out of time so I will get those out on Monday.
i am in Iowa. We have a Christmas dinner tomorrow with my siblings. There are usually 40-50 of us. Usually not much healthy food to choose from. Hard for me to do food when I travel 400 miles. Portion control, right?
i got a pedometer for Christmas but it seems like it only tracks about half or maybe only 1/4 of my steps. Could I be doing something wrong?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM

Pedometers only register about 15% of the steps I take. When playing with one, I discovered that I do not put my feet down hard enough. I don't do that because of arthritis and the screws and plates in my feet. I have gone as high as $18.95 so I gave up.

I dropped a row of my baby quilt and repinned it wrong. The zigzags are confusing so getting it fixed was interesting.

My walk was surprisingly pleasant. The wind did die down a little and I stayed in the wooded area so it was fine. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting out there.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 AM

4 days at the gym, That is a record for me. I have to lose this weight. I don't want to spend money on new clothes because it takes away from my spending money on fabric. Also my mother was just diagnosed with diabetes last week. It runs in her side of the family, so I need to start watching what goes in my mouth. I hope everyone is doing great with their weight loss challenge. Good luck to all
Old 01-05-2013, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
4 days at the gym, That is a record for me. I have to lose this weight. I don't want to spend money on new clothes because it takes away from my spending money on fabric. Also my mother was just diagnosed with diabetes last week. It runs in her side of the family, so I need to start watching what goes in my mouth. I hope everyone is doing great with their weight loss challenge. Good luck to all
Good for you, keep going. You will feel better as you keep making progress. Diabetes is no fun, it helps to make some changes before you get it. I am type 2 who since having my lung removed have nto had to take meds. I will be getting checked out in 2 weeks to see if i need to go back on anything. I am praying that I dont but if I do I do.

Good luck
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Hey hey hey - Cindy, count me in!!!!! Sorry ladies that I've been abscent from the board, but since having my surgery back around Dec. 12th I haven't been on here much. I guess it's because I'm not working right now and my computer isn't in front of my face all the time. I should be back to work January 11th, as long as when I see the doc on tuesday he signs my release papers.

I didn't lose any weight in December. I was hoping for a big loss from having the surgery, but that didn't happen. Apparently even though the surgery fixed all my problems, it also fixed my appetitie . I don't have all the pain, gas, bloating, headaches and cramping that I had before, so I've been able to eat things I hadn't in a while. And having Christmas dinner here and all the food left over didn't help. I'm purdging my kitchen and starting over!!!! And going back to work will be a major help!!!!!

So, I'm wishing everyone a GREAT weight loss in 2013!!!! Let's stick together and do this!!!! Watch what you eat, drink lots of water, and get out there and move!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Good Luck Pam H on your food choices, I understand when we have no control over what is prepared or how it is cooked can be a real challenge for those of use who are watching what we put in our bodies. So people choose to stay inogrant (sp?)

The pedometer if it is not set right will not pick up all your steps. I have one that I love and need to get a battery for it. the one I have is my OMRON walking style. it also breaks down regularly walking with aerobic and keeps a 7 day memory. I dont have to reset it at all.

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
My FQ are all packaged and ready to go. Sitting on my counter. I ran out of time so I will get those out on Monday.
i am in Iowa. We have a Christmas dinner tomorrow with my siblings. There are usually 40-50 of us. Usually not much healthy food to choose from. Hard for me to do food when I travel 400 miles. Portion control, right?
i got a pedometer for Christmas but it seems like it only tracks about half or maybe only 1/4 of my steps. Could I be doing something wrong?