Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just Needed a Few  Things from Lowes >

Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Just Needed a Few Things from Lowes

Old 05-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Power Poster

I sent this to a dear friend of mine, knowing she would never tell, and could always keep a secret. And I thought, awe heck, why not let everyone have a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: This is no joke, but the goings on in my Sunday morning :shock:

So, Donnie and I are setting at the table, having breakfast when he says. "Lets ride over to Lowes this morning before going to the river, and see if they still have that hammock that we liked, we can get it and take it to the river and put it together this morning. And I say great,we have plenty of time. So, off we go to Lowes, Donnie's favorite store it the world. LOL So we get there, and park about 2/3 of the way back in the lot. I say to my husband. " I am just going to leave my purse in the car, so make sure you lock it". And he says ok no problem. I get out , and start walking to the entrance. and I notice Donnie is taking longer than usual to get out. And I ask him when he catches up what took so long. and he says He had to get his glasses first. I am al the time getting on him because he forgets to get them, and then I have to play reader for him in restaurants. But, he remembers them to go in his beloved Lowes LOL. So we go in, and wer are in there at least an hour. get the hammock, and a few other things we need. We come out, and head for the car, me pushing buggy, and Donnie pushing the flat thingy with the hammock on it. We get almost to the car, and Donnie stops and says Oh, No!! and I say what is wrong, and he says, I have left the keys in the car. And I say OhNo. my purse is in there. So, he leaves mestanding there, with buggy and flat thingy, and walks to the driver's door. Opens it, and looks in. And I am yelling, standing there int the parking lot, Is my purse still there??? And he says nothing. And so I yell once more, Well Is it??? and he turns around and his face is blood red. Yes, yes, it is fine , it is still here. And I say well then what is worng?, thinking is there someone in our car? And he says, Well, not only did I leave the keys in the car, the car is still running.ROFLMBO.Well, it is, he says. And I can't believe I did that he says. LOL So we proceed to load the car with our buys, laughing the whole time. And all the way home, I am teasing him. I mean he can't remember his glasses when taking me out to dinner, but he was so excited to be going to Lowes, and to make sure he had his glasses, he forgot to turn off carLOL. and then asking him, what if it was stolen? How would you explan this to the police and the insurance Co? So, right before we get home, he says. "This is one story that will never be told", and of course I say no way what would our kids think, why they could use this to put your away LOL. I can't wait until I have my next "blonde moment" and he says something to me. Boy oh Boy am I going to let him have it.LOL Besides,I can trust all of you, right? I mean you would never tell on my dear Donnie LOL
Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Pam

Too funny, you are armed and ready the next time something happens.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 PM

Oh Ninnie!! :D I can just imagine that happening. How lucky you two were, that the car with everything in it, wasn't long gone!! This is truly great ammunition, for the future, when needed!! :D Your Secreat is safe with me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 AM

Hmmm...I think this is to funny.
A few months ago..when we had 51 inches of snow..DH was cleaning out the driveway and sidewalks..and our cars. by the end of the day he was beat. At 2 am..our door bell rings...which alarmed us. It was the local police..DH had left the car running...for 12 hours. LOL..Men..
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 AM

LOL LOL My DH went to a town about 45 min away to fly RC planes. DD and I went to church. We'd been home about 5 min when the phone rang. It was DH. He'd lost his keys and could I bring him a key? So, I take off. I get there to find that he and the other men there had walked the grounds for an hour looking for his keys, they'd taken all the RC stuff out of his van looking for them. I said, "did you check your pockets?" "Of course I did." he answered. So I checked his pockets and guess what I found?!?!?!?!? Yep, these wierd jeans had a little inset in the pocket and his keys had found their way into it. LOL After coming home I got some of my wildest fabric, made and attached a LARGE bow to his key ring and then made a long band of wild fabric with key rings on each end. I told him to attach one end to his belt loop the other end to his keys then the next time he "lost" them he could just follow the band of fabric. LOLOLOL
Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 AM

this sounds so like my hubby but with him its every day..in the am its like having another kid away...do you have your key ,your lunch, and you wallet what about you laptop..i need a nap by the time he gets out the door..
Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Power Poster

LOL, thats funny!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 AM

funny stuff!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 AM

Man, that's too funny!!!! You sure have ammunition now!!! And BTW, my DH is the same way. He's DROOLS for Lowe's or Harbor Freight....LOL - Course, I'm NOT that way with a quilt shop....... :roll:
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM

all I can say is "you were lucky this time" and if you leave your purse in your car you're just asking someone to break the window to get it. some people say "I'll just leave my purse in the car, I don't have any money anyway" but theives don't know that so you end up with a busted window for nothing.
ok, speech over