Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The kindness of strangers

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Back in January when my Mom was sick we drove to New York several times.
    I brought yo-yo's to give me something to do in the car. Well, in my haste I forgot scissors.
    At a gas station place I asked if they sold any type of scissors and the clerk say they did not. My sister was with me and I told her not a problem. I'll figure something out. We paid for our purchases and left w/o another thought of scissors.
    Suddenly the clerk ran out (in COLD Jan weather) with a pair of generic scissors. He told me they had lots of them and maybe they would work for me.
    He had no idea why I was traveling but on that day, so scared for my Mom 's condition, that young man made my day.
    I will never forget his kindness. He wouldn't take any payment and said to keep them. He will never know how much it meant to me.
    I just found the bag they were in and had to tell you all :)
    Sue
    PS My Mom is doing great now but it sure was a scary time for all of us.

Just by telling this story you may have inspired so many to pay it forward with kindness. Sometimes the simplest of gestures can be the catalyst for greatness. Thanks for sharing and reminding us to step up to kindness.

Blog Entries
    Your experience speaks to me; never let an opportunity to extend extra kindness to someone else. You never know what an impact it will have on them. I hope to leave this world a better place while passing through.:) Thanks for sharing.

Aw, great story! Its those small little things that keep ya going. Hugs!

Blog Entries
    So glad mom t story about the kindness and love of the human spirit. Thank you

Kids are great!!

If you remember the store - let his boss know!!! It could be a nice bonas for him!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    KarenR, I wish I did- I was so freaked out about Mom that I forgot. But you know, I think that guy already got rewarded just by doing something so kind. I believe in Karma :)

Blog Entries
    Good story! Maybe he wasn't just a gas clerk!

I try to do small things to make other people smile at random times...you never know what is going on in their lives and it might make a world of difference to them.

We ride a Goldwing and travel many back roads. I try to wave if I see someone outside...some wave back and others don't. I like to think at least they know "someone" saw and thought about them today even if no one else does.

Glad the clerk had a good heart :) Character is hard to find somedays.

Blog Entries
    What a sweet story. It just goes to show itís worth taking the time to show kindness to those we meet in our travels. You just never know what is on their mind and how our small actions of kindness can have a big & positive impact on their day.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast