Lightweight vacuum cleaner

Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 AM

Have had several brands over the years,including a new Shark Rocket just weeks ago.None are perfect,but so glad we only have one story house.For a 2nd story.....would have a sweeper for both floors.My days of lugging anything up or down is long gone! BTW....My best kitchen vacuum buy was a cheapie bought on Black Friday for $12 from W Mart.Lasted 17 yrs......those things are quite a value.Can't say the same for their big brothers

Last edited by plainpat; 02-02-2017 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-02-2017, 05:14 AM

I make my own cleaner for both tile and wooden floors.

I cut a piece of microfiber to the correct size, serge the edges and use them instead of the purchased pads. Can wash out by hand and then throw them into the washer.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have had over the years, a Dyson, Rainbow, Bissell, Shark, Hoover, Black and Decker, and Dirt Devil, to name a few. I couldn't tell much difference in any of them. Now I buy whatever is on sale at Walmart and use it until it gets all gunky with thread and hair around the wheels and then buy another one. I don't have carpet but do have large area rugs and a dog. The Bissell seems to do the best job for me.
We probably bought your old ones and DH cleans them up. Thank you for donating them.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:46 AM

daughter loves her shark she didnt want to spend that much but her other half got it for her birthday and she is so happy with it
Old 02-02-2017, 09:26 PM

I purchased a Shark Rotator 2-3 yrs ago & love it. It does a great job on cleaning the carpet. I used my old vac then used the Shark & filled the dirt container 2x. So for suction it works great!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:25 PM

I have a Dirt Devil (down stairs with long arm) and Bissell stick vac (upstairs sewing room). neither are wonderful, but will pick up most "stuff" (of course I'm always having to cut out those pesky threads). Look for one that has an easy to open dust container and I'd suggest one that has an easily cleanable dust container.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
I love my Dyson cordless. It's pretty lightweight and comes with the carpet rotating attachment, a brush attachment, and a pointed attachment.
I also have this Dyson + 3 full size Dysons & I love them all. I particularly like the cordless for quick pick ups & with 2 long haired dogs, it does an awesome job. I tried the Shark equivalent but the hair from my dogs had it shutting off after just about 10 minutes of vacuuming. The Dyson worked much better.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM

I used to have a "Rainbow" vac. Loved it. My mother had a Rexair which is the forerunner of the Rainbow.
My husband traded in my Rainbow for a Kerby when they showed him it could lift a 16 pound bowling ball and they told him it used less electricity. I don't know if that is true, but it is very heavy.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
well i got the Shark rotator pet one. the wand comes off and the dust catcher thing too an it goes onto a "caddy" with wheels so i can use the wand and attachments. I hate all vacuums so it's always an individual choice.
Ditto on this! I love my Shark vacuum! Being lightweight has really helped me, and the portability and attachments are great.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:33 AM

I also have the Shark Navigator and I has been so easy to use. I had bought a Dyson and it was so heavy and hard to push for us that I gave it to DD and bought the Shark and so happy I did