A Little Tiffed with Ebay

Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM

I bid on some books about a week ago and won the bid... I sent a message to the person who was selling thing and asked if i could pey for them this coming friday. They did not respond to me till I left a negative review 3 days ago stating that I would no longer be buying the books due to them not contacting me. They sent me a message stating that they are going to report me to ebay for not paying for the books and why would I leave a negative review about it... If I had been able to write what I wanted, they would have seen why. I think that it is sad that they would not make contact TILL I left a bad review.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

You dropped the ball on this one.

I used to sell all of the time on eBay and if that was me and you sent the message then I would be okay with waiting. I usually expected payment within 7 days and would send out the invoice after the bidding ended. If after 7 to 10 days and they were a no show, I would send them a reminder letting them know I needed to be paid.

I think they should have mailed you back acknowledging your mail but who said they arent on vacation or out of town on an emergency. You should have waited on the feedback thats just a common courtesy.

Personally your getting what you deserve....

Billy
Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
You dropped the ball on this one.

I used to sell all of the time on eBay and if that was me and you sent the message then I would be okay with waiting. I usually expected payment within 7 days and would send out the invoice after the bidding ended. If after 7 to 10 days and they were a no show, I would send them a reminder letting them know I needed to be paid.

I think they should have mailed you back acknowledging your mail but you should have waited on the feedback.

Personally you're getting what you deserve....

Billy
I really don't care that they are reporting it... it was more the tone of the message that they sent, the fact that they did not clarify why I left the message, and that they did not even TOUCH on the message I sent them before.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

The reason for the "tone" is because of you leaving them negative feedback for something you created. Patience is a virtue and there is a reason why.

Remember this is a business and eBay can suspend your account for nonpayment and leaving an undeserved negative feedback.

Billy
Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Ouch, this is a touchy subject. I can see your concern but I would have just paid them on Friday and all would have been well. IMHO
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
The reason for the "tone" is because of you leaving them negative feedback for something you created. Patience is a virtue and there is a reason why.

Remember this is a business and eBay can suspend your account for nonpayment and leaving an undeserved negative feedback.

Billy
Yep, I agree with Billy on this one. I would have been rather irritated if I were the seller, and you shouldn't be surprised if they report it to eBay for removal of the neg you left, as well as your non-payment. eBay is not designed to be something where you get to the checkout and change your mind about something. Once you commit to buy, you are obligated to follow through with payment.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:05 AM

I think on alot of things theres a 3 day period to respond with payment. You can't bid and then say, oh you have to wait til payday! When you bid you are committing to buy if you win. I have noticed there are very few who do take checks anymore. I can see why
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM

I purchase from Ebay all the time. But know that I better want the item. You can't just decide, because you haven't heard from them in a few days you aren't going to buy anymore. I have never had a problem, and once in a while it takes a couple days to get response.

Sorry this happened to you, but you really should not have left a negative review on this one.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 AM

I understand why you would be nervous about not getting a response from a seller, but I buy on Ebay all the time and just started selling, and it is common to first ask if you can pay at a later date and then bid. It seems a bit passive-aggressive to first ask to pay late and then leave a negative because the response wasn't fast enough. You were the one who broke the agreement by not paying once you won, especially since the seller didn't agree to late payment beforehand.
I only leave negatives if the item is significantly not as described and the seller is being incredibly difficult about admitting it or taking it back, and in hundreds of transactions have only done it twice.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LindaR
I have noticed there are very few who do take checks anymore. I can see why
All eBay is now is just a way for the seller to lose money.

I stopped selling on there 3 years ago when they changed the CEO, and a lot of their policies. They started to raise the sellers fees and then it was the end of auction fees. PayPal started to raise their fees and after having my PayPal account hacked several times I just closed everything down and I have never looked back.

You have to use PayPal exclusively now and they are owned by eBay (go figure). :roll: Its just a guaranteed way of milking the seller for more fees and they can raise them through the roof if they want!

So as far as I am concerned eBay no longer exist!

Billy