Live Chat

Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 PM

Live Chat, reminds of the the days of good ole party-lines (landline telephone.) They are very socialable there, it is a fast moving media, but it to is also informative and enjoyable. Like what was stated about the banana-split, keep trying you will learn to like it. Have a good day everyone it really is time for me to go to work (As they would sign-off the live chat.)
Old 01-09-2010, 02:15 PM

I remember party lines. There was always a neighbor listening in. Try to explain a party line to a kid now days with everyone having their own cell phone. Oh, the good old days.................
Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Live Chat...I thought it was by invitation! Guess I'll have to go check it out soon!
Not at all by invitation only. I go into chat quite often. What I like about it is that you can get an answer to your question immediately rather than waiting for people to reply to a post. I've talked to people in New Zealand and Japan who were in the chat room. Sometimes it's 1-2 people there, and I've seen as many as 16 people in there. It can get crazy, but it is a lot of fun!

So everyone, please come on into the chat room!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by amma
It can be very fast moving...and it does take a bit to get used too :wink: but it is fun to here what everyone is up to in a real time environment :D:D:D
so true.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I remember party lines. There was always a neighbor listening in. Try to explain a party line to a kid now days with everyone having their own cell phone. Oh, the good old days.................
The only time I remember my grandma really get mad at me was when I picked up the phone and listened "in" to a conversation between two people I didn't know -- BUT the phone RANG -- no one told me it wasn't Grandma's "ring" :lol: :lol:
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM

I remember party lines too. In fact right now in the background I can hear other conversations going on. It's very clear too. I thought these newer phones stopped all of that, but I guess phone lines will be phone lines and as long as I don't know who they are and if some one is hearing my conversations, oh well. Kind of reminds me of Big Brother listening only it's grandma. I remember getting a private line in '61. Mom and Dad had just built a new home and we really felt quite the stuff getting private line and having extra phones in different rooms. I know it sounds like a million light years ago, but actually time really has flown. My mother was quilting a Sunbonnet Sue quilt and she and I built her a quilting frame like she remember her mother and grandmother using. It was pretty neat and worked well. I was better at building things with wood rather than sitting down at a sewing machine. Actually, every time I sat down at Mom's pfaff, it broke and I was so frustrated with it, I quit. Not to mention hearing my mother yell at me about messing up her machine. Back then I didn't know anything about tension and unfortunately she wasn't patient enough at the time to show me. Oh well. Now we both sew and are patient with each other. Quilt today and remember those quilting memories later. Bethy
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 AM

I still say that quilting can be a healing therapy, quilt on. Try the live chat it's also healing.