Local Quilt Shops

Old 08-20-2016, 04:51 AM

I have two within driving distance (30 miles) from me, but I seem to frequent one more than the other. The one I go to is a smaller shop, great fabric and I always find what I need....the second shop is LARGER and I always buy more than I need. Get my drift??
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 AM

Anyone know of any quilt shops in Bar Harbor, ME. We're going up in Sept. and DIL and myself might take in a few shops while there.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:36 AM

I am fortunate to have three LQS within 20 minutes and I patronize each of them regularly for fabric and attend classes. I would hate to ever see them close as each one has its own personality.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:29 AM

I go to my LQS, but prefer one that is an hour away. The one here is about 30 minutes away and it's obvious their emphasis is on machines, and God forbid you take a class without one of 'their' machines. The ladies that take the classes are real snobs about that. I got over all those attitudes in high school...some people just can't let go. So I go an hour away to a shop that has tons of fabric and even more ideas. The energy and vitality at that shop can't be beat. So it depends on the attitudes to get me to shop...and I don't feel one bit bad about that.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:14 AM

I shop in my local shops but I have to say it is a struggle with two of them. Seems the sales clerks barely have time for you unless you are a personal friend. They are kind of snotty and curt. Not helpful. I tried to help the clerk by putting my finger on the end of a LONG ruler she was using with her olfa cutter and she snapped at me. Not even a polite, thanks but I don't want to cut you. They are buddy buddy with each other but apparently they are there to cut your fabric. PERIOD! Not be helpful. Not be your friend. Not encourage you to come back!! And let's face it, we want them to be nice and like us. If we want to be faceless we will shop online!!! I do have one more close that is way way friendlier so it is not a universal thing!