Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM

I've had company this weekend. Plus we had the burial yesterday with lunch afterward. They served hotdogs, chips & dip and chocolate chip cookies. I think either the hotdogs or the dip had msg because I ended up with a doozie of a migraine yesterday evening. My daughter and granddaughter are here today. So much for me finishing my Irish quilt top. I haven't worked on it since wednesday night. Friday I went shopping for an Easter dress for Allie. Couldn't decide so ended up with 2! LOL
Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM

Got on the scales - they appear to be stuck on one number. Need to weigh something else - the cat? Of course, they aren't going up, but definitely not going down. That's what, 3 months in a row. I'm doing something wrong here....
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

I am here Cindy, and I think I am with it again. Anyway, I am trying really hard. lol.... I have been working on a pin cushion for a swap. Starting a new quilt for our bed, due to the fabric I was using. It was raveling every stitch. I think I have learned my lesson on that one. I took a chance on the fabric, but no more. I am using some nice fabric now. Had a good visit with my dad yesterday. He seemed a bit stronger. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 PM

I just got home from my quilt retreat. I had an awesome time. It is such a wonderful group of women. We join with another guild I think there were 55 of us. The women who cook are awesome, definately not diet friendly. I don't think I have eaten that many carbs in months. I decided not to take any classes because I have so many UFO's. There was a fractured quilt class I wanted to take but am kinda glad I didn't. She only told them how to do it and helped them but didn't give them a handout so they are all afraid they can't finish at home.
I got the center of my optical illusion quilt completed. I also finished putting together my Hoopsisters Goose Tracks quilt that has been laying in a corner for 2? years. I need to finish the back and bind it. I also mostly assembled some Heirloom quilt blocks I made 3? years ago. They have inset lace between them. I would have finished it but they are predicting up to 8 inches of snow today and we were way out in the country so we all flew out of there after lunch. I will try to post pictures later or tomorrow. I would have finished more but we did a lot of chatting and visiting. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow so I can recover. And do some more sewing.
Cindy I hope you are feeling better.
Pat
Old 03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

Had some mint flavored Oreos today but I'm not worried about it.
I bought them for a get together and my dgd is allergic to some of the ingredients.
Granddaddy loves Thin Mints and these are just like those.
I'm sure when i go home he will have polished them off.
I will just go back to my high protein/low carb stuff tomorrow and keep on, keeping on
Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Got on the scales - they appear to be stuck on one number. Need to weigh something else - the cat? Of course, they aren't going up, but definitely not going down. That's what, 3 months in a row. I'm doing something wrong here....
After menopause, I asked my primary doctor if she could say something positive about women's ability to lose weight after meno and this is what she told me to do:
Get one hour of cardio EVERY single day!
At first I couldn't believe my big mousie ears, but I was so desperate for something,...some kind of plan, that I look at it as 'if it works, then that's what I'll do'...I have to admit I have fallen off the wagon a bit, but I've got some other health issues going on and I am down a bit from the "fall off".
I have a machine in a guest room with a tv, which is the easiest way I have ever done this.
It's fab-U-lous!
I think if you keep at it, you probably don't have to do a whole hour but you will have to experiment and find out where your cut off/losing point is.
Not a doctor, so check with yours before taking any advice please
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Here are pictures of what I did on retreat. I decided not to take any classes and work on some UFO's. One is my Hoopsisters Goosetracks that has been laying in a pile in the corner of my sewing room for 2 years. It just needs binding and a hanging sleeve to complete it. The other is a work in progress for my optical illusion class I bought for myself with Christmas money. The colors don't show up very well but it is purple. I also got a lot of work done on an heirloom quilt I have been working on for years.
Pat
Attached Thumbnails dsc01013.jpg   dsc01014.jpg   dsc01015.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM

Pat I love your goose tracks. I have the program and designs but haven't started it yet. I still need to finish the TNT.

Well I went to the doctors today, found out I have bronchitis. First time in 4 or 5 yrs I have had any lung infection. I was drinking Tazo Africian Red Bush tea and ran out about a month ago. Guess I will be getting me some more.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Cindy I hope you feel better soon. What is the African tea. I have never heard of it. I love how the Goose Tracks came out. I also have done the Hoopsisters Whole Earth project. It needs some kind of border and binding.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM

it is a tea I found about 4 yrs ago when I had a nasty cold and nothing was getting rid of it. I was turned on to it by Starbucks and now it seems that tazo is no longer making it. I guess I better find what I can now.

here are the ingredients: Tazo african red bush is a traditional tea from the plains of africa, slightly tart and creamy, created from rooibos and hints of hibiscus flowers, citrusy herbs and a pinch of rosemary. In the color of its amber liquid, you can sometimes catch the blazing rays of an ancient, flaming sunset over the great rift valley. Did you know? The african red bush, or rooibos, is ironically enough an evergreen shrub. As far as we know, staring at the plant for too long will not cause color blindness. In some places tazo is more highly valued than magic pebbles.