Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Gro

Can or would you use miracle gro dirt that says for inground plants and veg. (garden soil) for indoor plants? I need to transplant my pony palm tree plant.

Blog Entries
    I have with no problem!

Blog Entries
    Yep

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    Can or would you use miracle gro dirt that says for inground plants and veg. (garden soil) for indoor plants? I need to transplant my pony palm tree plant.
    I think the only problem is that it makes the pots heavy. I used it to fill a low spot in my garden outside. The stuff for indoor plants usually has more filler to keep the pot lighter and also allow for good root growth within the pot. But dirt is dirt. Go to it.

I won't say it won't work,but I always use miracle grow for potted plants.

Sure can I have done it and NO problems at all!!

yes, thats what is made for.

Next spring we are digging up my front flowerbed and adding to the border. Because the rabbits devoured my garden last winter. They ate my evergreens and my decorative grasses.

We use plain bagged potting soil, and add a B-12 transplanting solution. Then we fertilize the flowerbeds and lawn 3 times a year.

I've used it without any problems. Is it a pony tail palm tree??? Watch out...that tree gets big if you let it!!! Ours was so huge we couldn't move it and was happy when the tree trimmers accidentally broke it. Of course...it was outside and in a huge cement pot but it was over 30 years old, too.

Quote Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    I've used it without any problems. Is it a pony tail palm tree??? Watch out...that tree gets big if you let it!!! Ours was so huge we couldn't move it and was happy when the tree trimmers accidentally broke it. Of course...it was outside and in a huge cement pot but it was over 30 years old, too.
    Yes it is a pony tail palm tree. A small one right now. I got it from my mothers funeral back in june. I need to transplant it. I bought a small pot and a bag of dirt and realized that I needed a bigger one. My brother inlaw gave me the garden dirt and my bag is for the house plants. So it should be ok to mix the dirt shouldn't it?

Do NOT use the garden soil for a pony tail palm unless you mix in perlite and/or sand. The pony tail requires excellent drainage. A cactus mix would be ideal. It is NOT a palm, more of a succulent.

Just do an online search for pony tail palm for complete information about their requirements.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast