Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My BlueBird of Happiness, Gotta see this >

My BlueBird of Happiness, Gotta see this

My BlueBird of Happiness, Gotta see this

Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 PM

How beautiful! :lol:
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 PM

How pretty!
I'm jealous!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:33 PM

Pretty boy!! I looked out my back door one day in S. Missouri and saw what I thought was a tall plant blooming with yellow blossoms.. then I remembered.. there were no flowers out there!! On closer inspection it was a flock of wild canaries!! There must have be 8 or 10 on a weed stalk!! I love birds....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 AM

Beautiful bird. We don't get them this far North!

Love your sun shelter too. Do you need it for flies or is it strictly for sun? We are putting one up next month. DH want to put it right on our 16X22 deck, but I want a platform like you have!!! We have to have one. Mosquitoes here are the size of small dogs!LOL

Old 04-16-2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Beautiful bird. We don't get them this far North!

Love your sun shelter too. Do you need it for flies or is it strictly for sun? We are putting one up next month. DH want to put it right on our 16X22 deck, but I want a platform like you have!!! We have to have one. Mosquitoes here are the size of small dogs!LOL
The Gazebo we have had for only 3 weeks. Our 48th Anniversery was the 7th of this month. DH had foot surgery on 2 toes the 2nd. So that is our Anniversery to each other. We got it at Lowes,kinda pricey. But a much needed thing. I have had 2 kinds of Skin Cancer. In the mornings the sun was in the front and the evenings in the back. So I used an old beach umbrella to keep the sun off,had to keep moving it ever so often,aggrevating. The swings had canopys at one time old age,weather killed those,but when they were new still had trouble with the sun.
On each leg under the canves there is a curtain and a screen. You can close both at the same time or only one. When it is closed it is like a tent. They both zip in the middle independent of each other. The top has an air escape much like some umbrellas do. You know so they won't turn inside out when a strong gust of wind hits it. The Gazebo went thru all that awful wind and rain SouthEast GA. got last week. No damage at all.
The Gazebo is 10'by12' our patio is 16'by18' That gives us plenty of room. NOW DH did drill holes in concret and put in concret screws to anchor each leg. Plus He drilled 2 extra holes by each foot screwed in 2 eyeblots and put nylon rope from eyebolt to frame. In the package they only had lawn anchores, as soggy as the ground is here right now it would have been in our neighbors yard. . WE wanted it on the patio anyways. We haven't finished furnishing it yet. I need to hit the yard sales and moving sales to see what I can Find.
BillsBonBon
Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 AM

I bet you'll enjoy it! We had a $60.00 plastic frame one last summer and it was heaven. I am sure the metal frame one will with stand the storms we get after you guys are finished with the hurricanes!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM

what a beautiful setting you have there. Very nice
Gazebo! The bird is just gorgeous, so happy he stayed still for the picture :D
[IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...rdonwire-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

I finally got a bluebird family for the first time this year.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Arn't they just one of the most Beautiful things you can have in your yard to watch? we have several families this year but none have done what that little guy did. SO BLUE! then the red on the chest.. Love them. BillsBonBon