Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My BlueBird of Happiness, Gotta see this

Just a little while ago I was sitting right where I am now at the computer. The side door is behind me. I kept hearing this soft thump. Turned my head around coudn't see anything,Chair in the way. Got up,We have stormdoor so the big door was open. Got my camera and look what was at my door. The BLUE BIRD OF HAPPINESS!!! :shock: It had to be. :lol: :lol: On the corner of our patio which is just a few steps out this door there is a birdhouse with a family of BlueBirds nesting. I guess He could see His reflection on the Glass and thought it was another Bird.
    Isn't He so beautiful.
    BillsBonBon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Well you sound happy, so it must have been.... :D

Good close up - surprised he remained for more than one pix.

Blog Entries

What a beautiful bird!! My mom is a bird enthusiast and she's always saying be quiet and come here so I can see a bird she finds fascinating.

I think they are beautiful! We had a little jenny wren build a nest in a bush in our front yard. I took pictures of the hatched babies in the nest.

Cute cute!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    AWWWWW--I love bluebirds--he wanted to be a quilt inspector?

Thanks for sharing those pics!!

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful quilting buddy :D :D :D

What a pretty bird. Love bluebirds.

That's stunning! We don't have bluebirds here, what a gorgeous bird.

Oh, I do so love wild birds. I have feeders all around my back yard. The only bluebirds I have ever seen were in the mountains, in Estes Park, CO.

So cute....God creatures sure can be lovely!.....thanks for sharing....:-) ....I enjoyed looking!

How beautiful! :lol:

How pretty!
    I'm jealous!!

Pretty boy!! I looked out my back door one day in S. Missouri and saw what I thought was a tall plant blooming with yellow blossoms.. then I remembered.. there were no flowers out there!! On closer inspection it was a flock of wild canaries!! There must have be 8 or 10 on a weed stalk!! I love birds....

Beautiful bird. We don't get them this far North!

Love your sun shelter too. Do you need it for flies or is it strictly for sun? We are putting one up next month. DH want to put it right on our 16X22 deck, but I want a platform like you have!!! We have to have one. Mosquitoes here are the size of small dogs!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    Beautiful bird. We don't get them this far North!

Love your sun shelter too. Do you need it for flies or is it strictly for sun? We are putting one up next month. DH want to put it right on our 16X22 deck, but I want a platform like you have!!! We have to have one. Mosquitoes here are the size of small dogs!LOL
    The Gazebo we have had for only 3 weeks. Our 48th Anniversery was the 7th of this month. DH had foot surgery on 2 toes the 2nd. So that is our Anniversery to each other. We got it at Lowes,kinda pricey. But a much needed thing. I have had 2 kinds of Skin Cancer. In the mornings the sun was in the front and the evenings in the back. So I used an old beach umbrella to keep the sun off,had to keep moving it ever so often,aggrevating. The swings had canopys at one time old age,weather killed those,but when they were new still had trouble with the sun.
    On each leg under the canves there is a curtain and a screen. You can close both at the same time or only one. When it is closed it is like a tent. They both zip in the middle independent of each other. The top has an air escape much like some umbrellas do. You know so they won't turn inside out when a strong gust of wind hits it. The Gazebo went thru all that awful wind and rain SouthEast GA. got last week. No damage at all.
    The Gazebo is 10'by12' our patio is 16'by18' That gives us plenty of room. NOW DH did drill holes in concret and put in concret screws to anchor each leg. Plus He drilled 2 extra holes by each foot screwed in 2 eyeblots and put nylon rope from eyebolt to frame. In the package they only had lawn anchores, as soggy as the ground is here right now it would have been in our neighbors yard. . WE wanted it on the patio anyways. We haven't finished furnishing it yet. I need to hit the yard sales and moving sales to see what I can Find.
    BillsBonBon

I bet you'll enjoy it! We had a $60.00 plastic frame one last summer and it was heaven. I am sure the metal frame one will with stand the storms we get after you guys are finished with the hurricanes!

Blog Entries
    what a beautiful setting you have there. Very nice
    Gazebo! The bird is just gorgeous, so happy he stayed still for the picture :D
    [IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...rdonwire-1.jpg[/IMG]

I finally got a bluebird family for the first time this year.

Arn't they just one of the most Beautiful things you can have in your yard to watch? we have several families this year but none have done what that little guy did. SO BLUE! then the red on the chest.. Love them. BillsBonBon