Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My dog stinks! what do you use on yours??

My stinky man is a 100 lb golden retriever named Scruffy and he is certainly living up to his name!

What do you use on your dog? Does it control the smell for a long time?

A Bath???
    We just gave our labs a bath last week, they smell so much better.
    There is a product out there, I've used in the past but don't remember the name.
    I'm not much help am I????
    No fun having a stinky dog around, I know from much experience!!!

When my Chow was alive, I used lemon joy dish washing liquid. It also helped get rid of any fleas she had.

With the rain we have been having here in NY our boxer stinks as well. It's generally not a problem but that may be because I use medicated soap for his skin allergies. You may be able to get some help from a website a friend of mine uses all the time for her dog issues:
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2095&aid=813

Banned
    The only thing that seems to help my dog is a bath. And ever since we took away people away from her she doesn't get as stinky as fast :)

My vet says dandruff shampoo once or twice a week, and that has done the trick for my bassett hound, and as some of you know hounds do smell! I was always under the impression that you shouldn't wash dogs that often cause it would dry them out.My vet says it is an "old wives tale"

We use Dawn (blue kind). Kills smells and ticks ... for awhile!

Banned
    I thought that too. thanks for telling me, now I can bath mine more often :)
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    My vet says dandruff shampoo once or twice a week, and that has done the trick for my bassett hound, and as some of you know hounds do smell! I was always under the impression that you shouldn't wash dogs that often cause it would dry them out.My vet says it is an "old wives tale"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltwoman
    My stinky man is a 100 lb golden retriever named Scruffy and he is certainly living up to his name!

I have never known a golden that didn't smell. They love water, mud, snow, you name it. My neighbor's golden smelled terrible last year until they discovered she had a thyroid problem, the medication helped with her smell, but she is still stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltwoman

I have never known a golden that didn't smell. They love water, mud, snow, you name it. My neighbor's golden smelled terrible last year until they discovered she had a thyroid problem, the medication helped with her smell, but she is still stinky.
    Two of my (now deceased) labs had thyroid problems. Putting them on meds sure made a difference. Anna (who passed in Sep) nearly went bald, when we put her on thyroid meds she grew a beautiful full coat and did not smell quite so bad.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast