Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My feet are so rough!!

I can't stand getting in bed at night cause they're catching on the sheets. They've never been this bad before. I used to go barefoot year round and had smooth feet but now can't do it. The rocks outside got harder and my feet get cold in the winter! I think its all this shoe wearing that's made them so rough! What do you do for yours? I told dh last night as I sat there with an emery board trying to get them to the point that I could cover up that I thought I was going to get one of those ped eggs today...he said there was some new thing out (can't remember what its called now though) that I should try instead.

Blog Entries
    I use a pumas stone in the bathtub and then Put a heavy duty cream, lots on the market - I buy cheap, put the cream on my feet put on socks and go to bed. It takes a few treatments but then I just do it every once in a while as needed.:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    I can't stand getting in bed at night cause they're catching on the sheets. They've never been this bad before. I used to go barefoot year round and had smooth feet but now can't do it. The rocks outside got harder and my feet get cold in the winter! I think its all this shoe wearing that's made them so rough! What do you do for yours? I told dh last night as I sat there with an emery board trying to get them to the point that I could cover up that I thought I was going to get one of those ped eggs today...he said there was some new thing out (can't remember what its called now though) that I should try instead.
    Soak your feet with some warm water till they get nice and wrinkly, then massage in "Shea it isn't so" from Bath & Body Works. They have a whole line of products for your feet. It is the best I have ever used. They have a brush/pumice thing that works great. I take tub baths and use the pumice and brush with their scrub cream and it takes that gunk and old skin off. Then put the "Shea it isn't so" on with socks and go to bed. In just a few days of that your feet will be so much better.

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LEMONS--cut in half & rub them on coarse spots & VOILA` you will have SMOOTH skin! here's the big secret--works great on elbows too. TRY IT!

Blog Entries
    Try the ped egg, it realy works well, but you have to use it when your feet are dry, not wet!

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6

Soak your feet with some warm water till they get nice and wrinkly, then massage in "Shea it isn't so" from Bath & Body Works. They have a whole line of products for your feet. It is the best I have ever used. They have a brush/pumice thing that works great. I take tub baths and use the pumice and brush with their scrub cream and it takes that gunk and old skin off. Then put the "Shea it isn't so" on with socks and go to bed. In just a few days of that your feet will be so much better.

BBW's Heel of Approval is great for rough dry heels.

One of the best things for your skin is olive oil. It is one of the ones that your skin can accually absorb. You may be able to find it in a solid form, and that can be your answer. If not, warm up a bit in the microwave, and you can give yourself a hot oil manicure while watching tv. Your cuticles and nails will love you all winter long!

I use an exfoliate when I shower then slather on BBW body butter then put on socks. Makes a huge difference.

Blog Entries
    I use Heel-tastic. It worked great for me.

I suffer from ruff feet too. I can't seem to break the habbit of walking around bare foot! What I do to keep my feet half way decent:

Every day during shower I use a fine foot buffer thingie and then when toweling off I rub the towel extra ruffly on my feet.

Once a week (or so) I soak my feet in warm water. I use very fine sand paper to smooth them (much cheaper than all the feet buffers and just as effective).

At night I lather Utter Balm on my feet and cover w/white socks so that it has all nite to do it's trick :)

When I first started this regiment, I did it daily. After your feet get to where you can live w/them again once a week/every other week works. During the summer I have to up the routine to keep them ok

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast