Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric!

Blog Entries
    Hi Dawn - join the crowd. I have over 200+ pieces of batiks on shelves that I cannot even get to - remodeling here - so what did I do yesterday??? Bought a really pretty 1 yard piece of red batik at Walmart and I have washed it twice - by hand with a little lukewarm water and a drop or two of liquid soap - and am now rinsing and rinsing and rinsing it - in my pure white dishpan - water is still pink - so have it soaking right now and will go back in there soon and rinse some more - must be CRAZY.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    I am not a fabric hoarder. I don't 'hoard' it away when I purchase it, I wash some of it, then re-fold it my way and gently put it on an organized shelf with the rest of my purchases. Just because I have 1 1/2 shelves of neatly folded batiks, a shelf of purse fabrics, a shelf of landscape fabrics, a shelf of solids in every color imaginable, a shelf of Fusions in a huge amt of colors, a shelf of floral, a shelf of holiday, a shelf of children, a shelf of segregated colors in prints, and 3 decorative baskets of rolled fabric yardage doesn't make me a hoarder. I am a Collector. A collector of over 500 different fabrics in 2-4 yd lengths each. I hope to go through this hoard, er, I mean collection, in my lifetime. A Hoarder. Hmph....
    Um, where is this meeting being held?

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
    I am not a fabric hoarder. I don't 'hoard' it away when I purchase it, I wash some of it, then re-fold it my way and gently put it on an organized shelf with the rest of my purchases. Just because I have 1 1/2 shelves of neatly folded batiks, a shelf of purse fabrics, a shelf of landscape fabrics, a shelf of solids in every color imaginable, a shelf of Fusions in a huge amt of colors, a shelf of floral, a shelf of holiday, a shelf of children, a shelf of segregated colors in prints, and 3 decorative baskets of rolled fabric yardage doesn't make me a hoarder. I am a Collector. A collector of over 500 different fabrics in 2-4 yd lengths each. I hope to go through this hoard, er, I mean collection, in my lifetime. A Hoarder. Hmph....
    Um, where is this meeting being held?
    Hmmmmmm. . . I think we should hold our meeting, in your stash . . . I mean, SEWING room.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I can certainly relate. I have a room full of fabric, but my garden produce is keeping me in the kitchen and away from my sewing room.

This is such a cute thread-and I to belong to the stash hoarders I try not to give out my name so no one can recognize me and slip my husband a message about the stash he thinks is for the quilt I am working on.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    LOL ...welcome to the board !! We are all fabric o holics here. We are all addicted and have a bucket list a mile long of ideas for material we want to complete. Wait then someone posts a new picture of a different material or way to do things.. gotta add that one and Oh yeah print the instructions to put in a 3 ring binder. Figure out what fabric I think I might like that in. Figure out when I have time to make it, put the material on a shelf with the binder on the same shelf as the other projects to do. Every free minute either sewing a quilt or a garment .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Hmmmmmm. . . I think we should hold our meeting, in your stash . . . I mean, SEWING room.

HAHAHA .. I agree .. when ? where ? coffee ?? do we bring our machines ? does she have enough room for all of us ? do we bring sleeping bags as well ? LOL so many questions .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    I just got back from a two store fabric shopping spree this morning, I was real good I just bought only six new fabrics.
    Wow! Sorry you were in such a sad mood! Only two? You could lose your addict badge. Ha-ha-ha

Hobby Lobby had some nice fabric marked down, which was being discontinued. Need I say more?
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I'm addicted, too -- however, I don't want a 12 step program................I don't want to be cured!!!! LOL
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast