Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My plans changed tonight

As I was getting ready to post my fabric for sale my husband received a call. We are used to getting calls at night but I still cannot get used to these calls. Some know about our other business. It will never get easy. The caller was a friend of a hero that lost his life, she was frantic because she was at a loss as to how to help the wife, the wife has stopped talking which is not a good sign. A distraught voice is one you don't forget. I hurt for these families they feel like my own. I make quilts to comfort by how do you take away the hurt. I hurt for the children I hurt for the wife who lost her husband. The friends who have no idea how to help. There are so many men and women out there who serve everyday are are expected to be these strong people and are afraid to let others down. This young man returned from Iraq a few months ago PLEASE if you know a service man or women who has returned please check on them make sure they are adjusting to "normal" life. Depression is so hard to see when they cover it so well. We are trying to help get a program together we are at the very beginning of this to get these men and women help when they return. Thank you for understanding. Jade

This is very sad. It is hard to know what to say at a time like this. I hope the program will help others in need of this kind of help. You are a good soul to care so deeply about others. :thumbup:

So very sad, God will bless you for your work.

Thank you for your work Jade. My son is in the Army. Thankfully he is a reservist and has not had to deploy yet. Being retired Navy myself, It's hard to explain the "military" mentality to those who haven't been there. It is especially hard on our service members who have had to deploy. Check on their families left at home also. They are alot of times alone, not knowing who to talk to or turn to for help.

so sorry

Jade, half the battle is raising awareness. I wish you well in your endeavours and believe me the quilts that are made for servicemen/women and their families are a tangible way of letting them know people care.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Jade, this is so sad and all too REAL. Awareness is the key. Thanks for the post.

I'm sorry...I admire your efforts though, we can never do enough to help those that have paid the price for us, I hope they can somehow find peace and comfort. Bless you.

Jade, Bless you for doing this. You are special!!! God Bless you and those you are helping. Big hugs sent to you! Sandy

it will continue to be harder to deal with the longer suicide is hidden----bring it more into the light--we may then learn to see when someone is troubled more easily--so difficult for families to deal with it addso many more dimentions to the grief---being there is all you can do sometimes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast