View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Quiltforme

As I was getting ready to post my fabric for sale my husband received a call. We are used to getting calls at night but I still cannot get used to these calls. Some know about our other business. It will never get easy. The caller was a friend of a hero that lost his life, she was frantic because she was at a loss as to how to help the wife, the wife has stopped talking which is not a good sign. A distraught voice is one you don't forget. I hurt for these families they feel like my own. I make quilts to comfort by how do you take away the hurt. I hurt for the children I hurt for the wife who lost her husband. The friends who have no idea how to help. There are so many men and women out there who serve everyday are are expected to be these strong people and are afraid to let others down. This young man returned from Iraq a few months ago PLEASE if you know a service man or women who has returned please check on them make sure they are adjusting to "normal" life. Depression is so hard to see when they cover it so well. We are trying to help get a program together we are at the very beginning of this to get these men and women help when they return. Thank you for understanding. Jade