Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My promise to give

I typically don't make New Years resolutions but this year I made myself a series of promises to myself .

First and foremost was to do at least one thing a month to help a stranger. I completed my January task this morning by donating 10" + of my hair to Locks of Love. Now I just have a shoulder length bob and I confess I have no idea what to do with it.

The stylist cut the lengths off, but my son and I mailed the package. He was so excited! I'm planning on including him in all my adventures.

I figure I'll save a fortune in shampoo and conditioner but mostly it just feels good to do something unselfish.
    I encourage everyone to consider a personal promise such as my own. Small steps make our world a better place.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

what a nice thing to do!! Got before and after pics??

I like your promise. I think I will try it. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Random acts of kindness can be giving hair. Leave an area cleaner than you found it ex: public bathroom, breakroom at work, roadside litter pickup etc. Also paying for the coffee of the next person line. And the list goes on. You hair donation is amazing gift.:)

Great idea, I think I'll do the same. (except the hair)
    I don't have enough length to donate.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Nancy

Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Blog Entries
    I grew my hair long just so I could give it to the locks for love. Had 13 inchs long to give.
    Great idea to do some thing each month, will try to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Random acts of kindness can be giving hair. Leave an area cleaner than you found it ex: public bathroom, breakroom at work, roadside litter pickup etc. Also paying for the coffee of the next person line. And the list goes on. You hair donation is amazing gift.:)

I like your idea. I have a running list and I'll add your ideas . One of the things is to pick up trash down at the park. We'll even take our pooper scooper as a sad number of people will not clean up after their pets.

Wonderful thing for you to do!!!

It would be good for all of us to something little to make someone else's life a little better.
    my daughters have donated to locks of love several times. My DD#2, who's pregnant with my first grandchild is donating some hair again on the 10th. Hers grows fast enough to donate every year!!

I wish mine grew quickly but it's simply too fine in texture. It was time to take it off. I had been putting off a trim for quite some time.I'm glad there was a place I could send it. Makes me feel not so bad about such a big change.

I'm really impressed with people who do this many times. I'll start growing mine again I think.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast