Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice on new vacuum cleaner

Glad to hear the advice--We're getting ready to buy a new vacuum and have two big black dogs that think their job in life is to shed fur so Mama has something "to do". I had been leaning toward a Dyson anyway....

Perhaps the dealer might have a suggestion?

Oh yes...if you have animals that shed, the Dyson Animal is the one to get. That's the one we have. I just love it!

I have a Hoover. My first one was around for 13 years. And since my cleaning crew consists of people 12yo and under... Let's just say it was abused. Sucked up water (accidentally) and after drying out ran GREAT! Sucked up toys, pieces of denim (I had to take it apart and pull the denim out of the motor with a pair of pliers). And soooo much other stuff. I retired it and replaced it with a bagless model which I LOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Where would I buy a Dyson?
    They have them at Lowe's--don't know if they have the best price.

Power Poster
    The vacuum cleaner repairman in Dade City, FL said to avoid Dysons because parts were expensive and hard to get. So - I have no personal experience with them.

I like my bagless Hoovers, but I don't have the kind of carpet you are talking about.

They do a good job of getting the cat hair up. Mine are between five and 10 years old, but what I was not impressed with was the very short attachment hose.

Have heard nothing but good reports on the Dyson I saw some at Lowes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Where would I buy a Dyson?
    I have a Dyson too, and wouldn't part with it. My daughter has the one with the big ball near the base, and she loves it. Over here, QVC (UK) have just started selling them so you could check out the USA version

I have a Meile. I love it, but it is very spendy. Don't know if I would spend the money again, but I don't think I"ll have to. It's a workhorse and the best thing is it is very quiet. I can actually hear my little phone ring when I'm operating it. It's very lightweight and doesn't bother my shoulder the way my old blue Kirby does when I use that beast.

M

Thanks for all the replies. I am hoping to receive more replies before I decide what to do. I am so afraid of making the wrong decision and being stuck with something I don't like and/or doesn't do the job. I keep seeing this quote flashing in front of my eyes "Paralysis by analysis". That's me in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast