Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help badly

Hopefully this forum can give me some much needed help. You are all so well informed and I am counting on that. I need a pattern and some fabric choices for a wall hanging for a Doctor (pediatrics) in a major hospital. Would like it for a thank you for all the help she has given my grandson who has a major disability over the years. She is very interested in becoming a quilter and I would like to thank her in my own way. I would like to incorporate some medical terms, pictures, etc. If you kn ow of any fabric that fits this description please let me know. Many thanks for all your wonderfull help.

You could do an album quilt and then write one word on each block, like: "healer" "caring" "giving", etc

Blog Entries
    Ask her office nurse. She/and sometimes he, will know what the doctor likes and what where he/she was raised and what he/she talks about during slow times, if any.

I checked Lorelei. The site only has the embroidery disc for nurses and docs no fabric. You may find some on e-bay or in some bodies stash.

Years ago I got some great fabric - black with bright smiley faces - some with doctor's masks, some with stethascopes, etc. It was a great border for a quilt I made for my daughter graduating med school. Maybe you can do a google search for fabric with medical themes.

There's bunches of places on the internet that sell both scrubs, and the fabric to make scrubs. You might have some luck there.

Blog Entries
    http://www.jandofabrics.com I did a search (doctor medical) on this web site and found a few medical type prints
    I did a google search for novelty medical fabric and found a few. See if the link helps:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    http://www.jandofabrics.com I did a search (doctor medical) on this web site and found a few medical type prints
    I did a google search for novelty medical fabric and found a few. See if the link helps:)
    That site has some cute children's book patterns. I love the Beatrix Potter stories, but there are others that you may like. Please show what you dream up. I think it will be a treasure!

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    I think if she is in pediatrics I would do a sunbonnet sue and overall sam..those signify the child but at the same time they are a well loved pattern by adults...good luck..be sure and post pics when you decide and get it done...happy stitchin' crafty_linda_b

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast