Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Image resizer

Need Help with Image resizer

I downloaded an image resizer and got the added bonus of a trojan horse with it. Luckily, AVG caught it and isolated it. My question is, which one do you use?

I use Gimp.

I do all my image editing in photobucket.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I use Picassa. It's free from google. Just "export" the file and specify the # pixels you want on a side.

I use Irfanview. I've been using it for years and it's easy to learn and use.

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager for storing, resizing, and editing. It's simply where all the photos are automatically stored on my PC and came free as part of the initial software. It's NOT part of MS Office.

You can also resize in Paint, either by pixels or percentage, which comes with the accessories on most computers.

I also just got rid of AVG, not the free version, after three years because it failed to get rid of/isolate a Trogan Horse that completely destroyed my internet capability. Major hassle.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 07-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
    I use Picassa. It's free from google. Just "export" the file and specify the # pixels you want on a side.
    i use this as well
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    I use Paint. lots of people seem to like Picassa though.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq2154 View Post
    I downloaded an image resizer and got the added bonus of a trojan horse with it. Luckily, AVG caught it and isolated it. My question is, which one do you use?
    i have been using irfanview for about 15years. freeware. never ever had a virus or a trojan. i, too, use AVG & it found a virus on the home site of another program i have also liked for years when i was doing an update recently. so, irfanview is all i am using now. accepts photoshop plugins. also. i can resize, edit colors, red eye and all usual photo issues. i have looked at gimp too. another great program. but i am not sure it has the range of capabilities of irfanview.

http://www.irfanview.com/

...my son is a software engineer. he started out with degree in design of computer graphics/animation. he has commented on some of my nature photography, and is impressed w my photo editing. he also has installed photoshop on my pc, which is fun...but steep learning curve. so, being the lazy nonprofessional photographer that i be ---i use irfanview )
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Thank you all so much for your input! I appreciate that you all took the time to answer. Ghostrider, sorry to hear about your trouble with the virus. Glad you got it fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast