Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 'medical' advice

I use the probiotic pearls, available at GNC. Colladal (sp?) silver is also good for infections, but very expensive. Other thing I use is a water pick sinus irrigator which runs on batteries and squirts salt water into your sinuses and throat.

My DH had surgery for a deviated septum several years ago and it really made a difference for the better.

Another thing that can cause ongoing sinus problems is teeth. If the roots are laying too close to the sinus cavity it can cause constant sinus infections. I had that problem. Sadly the only cure is to get those teeth pulled.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, and Germany. Now living in TN again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather3
    Another thing that can cause ongoing sinus problems is teeth. If the roots are laying too close to the sinus cavity it can cause constant sinus infections. I had that problem. Sadly the only cure is to get those teeth pulled.
    That makes sense! Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Solaray Multidophilus from the cooler at the natural food store is my favorite. If you have taken any antibiotics, you definitely need to replenish the good bacteria. Antibiotics kill the good guys with the bad guys. There are prescription meds, too, like Diflucan that kill fungal infections.

get some swabs done

I actually went through root canal in my 40's thinking it was a tooth problem, but that did not solve the facial pain problem. I did get better after going through Invisaline braces - in my 60's. I am also careful to keep my sinus cleaned out by blowing nose while in shower & never sniffing. I eat a small yogart every nite & have not had to be on antibiotic for a couple yrs. now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather3

Also....check into things to boost your immune system, building that up, helps your body fight it's own wars/

Blog Entries
    My son started me growing Kombucha. Supposed to be swarming with probiotics. Easy to grow, and you can get starts at some grocery stores and health food stores. Just use the drink you buy to start one.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast