Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need 'medical' advice

Quote Originally Posted by Connie
    I have the same problem. My ENT, who doesn't give medication like handing out candy, recommened the NeilMed Sinus Rinse. It works. I never thought something so simple could help. You can buy it at the drug store or Walmart off the shelf. Hope you can find some relief.
    My hubby makes a solution of salt water with baking soda and he flushes his sinus when he starts having allergy problems. He even does that when he gets a cold and it seems to shorten the cold problem.

Blog Entries
    I would take Dr. Ohhira's 12 Plus Probiotic. But more importantly, I would also take Oreganol P73 - it's a great fungi killer! You can find these on the internet - even eBay. Both have worked well for family and friends - also for some allergies. There is nothing there that can cause you harm - although the orenganol has a strong oregano flavor!

Good luck.
    LindaKayCat

Get yourself a neti pot, or a bottle to squirt saline solution in your nose,These work wonders for your sinuses. Just go to your drugstore, I seen a good selection at Walgreen. These have also been on the Dr's and Dr. Oz. My friend uses them, if she didn't she would be in big trouble all the time. Good Luck.

I have the same problems. I'am allergic to Mold,Dust mites,cocoroaches {lovely)
    When it gets bad i sniff salt water and that seems to help.
    I'm a great fan of Dr. Oz and he said to get USNEA at the health food store and it is Anti bacteria and heals imflamation which might be a problem.
    good luck hope you feel better. kjym Kathy

Blog Entries
    I'm somewhat timid in relaying this to anyone but I have trouble with sinus drainage and used to wake up every morning with the need to clear the stuff from the back of my throat. Read that a tablespoon of honey taken once or twice a day would help. It has worked and I no longer have to clear my throat every morning of the drainage yuk! If you know you're not allergic to bees and/or honey it might be worth a try. I figured it was worth a try.

Blog Entries
    DD had sever sinus trouble, just started one spring and didn't quit. The Drs. kept prescribing steroids, etc. I had DD tested by an allergist. Drops were mixed for her allergy. In about two weeks her sinus was clear and she never had another problem. After about two years on the drops she developed a stronger immunity to the stuff she was allergic to and OTC meds work great for her now.

Quote Originally Posted by lscho4jm
    I have chronic sinus infections, even had the sinus surgery in January. I am still getting infections.
    I have been researching and apparently chronic infections are caused by fungi and should be treated with probiotics.
    Okay, what is the best probiotic? Where do I find it and how much can I take?
    At this point I am willing to snort yogurt to feel better.
    Check out Dr. Mercola's Complete Probiotics. Good luck to you. I suffer from the same problem. I've been experimenting, too, with eliminating first one thing, then another from my diet, to see if I have a sensitivity to something. Also, there are natural anti-fungal supplements that might help.

Blog Entries
    Contact your doctor, there is test for fungi not painful but a little off the wall (involves sending a sample) the treatment is a drug for fungi over a longer period of time, that kills all fungi in the body, some of these can really mess your health up.My daughter got a mold and mildew poison that caused many problems and a fungi was one of them.Talk with your doctor or find a doctor that does alt. meds.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Crafty Linda. Check for molds and I would recommend you see an allegery dr. to see just what you might be allergic to. Get some of the allergy free pillow cases and mattress covers. I know you can purchase them at WalMart. Could be pets, medication ,house dust no matter how clean you think your house is, dust from the ceiling fan that collects, bothers me, perhaps makeup, hairspray, bath soap, laundry det. cleaning solutions, definitely animal dander, food house plants, so many things. You could even have mold under your carpet on the mat, if you shampoo it a lot, who knows. But try eliminating a few things at a time, then go back to them to see if you are bothered. I have lotsssss of allergies myself.
    I would hightly recommend going in an having allergy tests run.
    We found out about 35 yrs ago that my DH was allergic to the makeup I wore then, and I had to start using totally allergy free makeup, definitely helped. But do get checked out by a Dr.

I use my nettie pot to rinse out my sinuses. I've had bad post nasal drip and chronic sinus problems for years. Washing out my sinuses with salt water seems to help a lot.

I would definitely talk to a medical professional.....

I use to have horrible sinus infections. They use to affect my inner ear and would have bouts of terrible vertigo, cold sweats, headaches and vomiting phlem. These would last for hours and I was completely debilitated. It took a long time and 3 ENTs before it was figured out. It turned out to be a sensitivity to dairy. I had to check all ingredients on every package to see if it had any form of dairy and stay away from it. Going dairy free did the trick. Good luck to you finding the cause of your problem.

If your ENT is just "throwing antibiotics at it", I personally would let you primary care physician know about it and maybe see if you can get a referral for a second opinion by another ENT, or even an allergist.

I would definitely get a definite diagnosis as to just what the problem is before trying to self treat.

The key is being pleasantly persistent in your address with you physicians. Also, be aware that no "cure" is instant in every case. I personally would shy away from trying one antibiotic after another unless the organism had been cultured out to be sensative to the antibiotic. Blindly treating with antibiotics builds up resistance in our body over time and when we really need it, it's ineffective.

That said, I do hope you find a solution to your symptoms soon.

Linda , I had the deviated septum surgery about 3 years ago. I have not had much sinus trouble since. It is such a small amount that I only take over the counter medicine now.

I use Florajen Acidophilus Extra High Potency. It was recommended by a dietician who suggested it because I have allergys and it helps with irritable bowel for me. they claim you can take it without side affects? I get it at walgreens in the refrigerated section. Seems to help me.

good Luck

Suzy

My girlfriend had a series of sinus infections that no antibiotic would touch. Her ENT doc suggested surgery to which she responded,"No way." So, instead, he suggested that she rinse with a saline solution. It took a long time but she finally drained her sinuses. The doc confessed that he rinsed with a saline solution every day in winter so that he did not get contaminated with his patients' infections. She continues to rinse (sort of snort up) the saline solutions during our winter months....and has never had another problem.

Blog Entries
    Haven't read all the posts but I have chronic sinus problems and find that NeilMed Sinus Rinse really helps. My ENT suggested it. You can get it at Wal Mart for around $10.00. You can get the kit with either a squeeze bottle or Neti Pot. I prefer the bottle. The kit comes with 50 individual packets of saline rinse. When my sinuses are acting up I rinse my nose morning and night.

That's the stuff that my girlfriend uses!!

Have you tried sinus rinses? I know that this really helps with allergies.

My Dr., who does colonoscopys, can't remember the name right now, told me to get ALIGN. I is at Walgreens and expensive. Going to get it this weekend. Sinus is caused from something to do with the stomach. Dr, didn;t tell me this. Did some research and found out, I have had terrible sinus infections since I moved to Denver area. Good luck.

Please describe your symptoms on my emailId '[email protected]' I could suggest you Homoeopathic medicine free up charge

Please describe your symptoms on my emailId '[email protected]' I could suggest you Homoeopathic medicine free up charge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3