Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for bridal shower

need suggestions for bridal shower

I know there are a lot of creative people on this board, and I am not one of them, so I need suggestions for giving money to dgd for her and fiance's bridal shower. I had already given her a very nice quilt for another occassion and just thought I would give her money. Any neat ideas on how to present it as a gift for bridal shower ? I was just going to get a cute card and put it in that but other than that no clue. Thanks.

Power Poster
    What you plan to do sounds good to me.

Depending on their financial circumstances and living situation - sometimes 'another cute thing' just ends up being more clutter.

A neat little trinket box, when she opens it, the money is inside.

Power Poster
    An envelope and card sounds fine to me. The only other idea I can think of is a ring bearer's pillow with a pocket in the back? if you know the colour of the bridesmaid dresses, you can embroider the bride and grooms name on the heart shaped pillow in front before adding ribbons for the rings(or do white on white). A little pocket in the back could hold a card with money or check inside. I always attach nice imitation gold bands to the ring bearers pillow and have the real ones in the maid of honor and best man's possession. I have seen the pillow used as a frisbee.

A really pretty jeweled, beaded coin purse or evening purse with the money inside would be a nice gift - something so special she would always keep it. Or a gift that she could carry while she was being married - the "something old" or "something blue" maybe a small family heirloom Bible or lace hankie for example. Something that would make the container more special than the check.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    A really pretty jeweled, beaded coin purse or evening purse with the money inside would be a nice gift - something so special she would always keep it. Or a gift that she could carry while she was being married - the "something old" or "something blue" maybe a small family heirloom Bible or lace hankie for example. Something that would make the container more special than the check.
    I second TanyaL on this one. When giving gift cards or money to the teen granddaughters I always put it in a little purse with 'bling'. Adding something 'old' or 'blue' is a neat idea
    ​Quilt Police . . . Stay away from my door

Another idea is a cute tote bag, to take on the honeymoon.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

how about a picture frame for a wedding picture with a few pictures of former presidents in the frame?

How about a pair of pillowcases to match the quilt you made?
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Dear Sash:

I was just at a bridal shower yesterday afternoon & I gave the bride to be a place setting of her dishes as well as a table runner to go with the color of her dishes. She loved it. Or you could make some place mats & napkins. Just a thought.

Mary C
    MaryC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast