New Year; NEW life!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Arron that is wonderful news. Cathy would have wanted you to move on. I can just imagine how hard it was over the holidays for you and Adrian but it will get easier. May you have a wonderful life with Jill. Thank you for keeping us posted on how things are going for you 2.
I totally agree with CJ. This is wonderful news and Cathy definitely would want you to move forward. Holidays are going to be tough, maybe forever. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and take good care of Jill and Adrian. :)
Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM

I am so happy for you. You and Adrian will always be in my prayers!! Congrats on your new life journey.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Cathy definitely would want you to move forward. I am very happy for you Arron and for Adiran
Old 01-03-2011, 04:29 PM

I am happy for you and Adrian and wish you all the very best in 2011.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 AM
KLO

I don't know you or Cathy but if she loved you as you indicate, I am sure she would want you to "live" .... as you would have wanted her to do if the roles were reversed!!!! Seems to me that people who have/had good marriages find it easier to move on to someone else while those that had not so good relationships and lose their partner, tend to stay single. I don't know if this is statistically true but it's just an observation on my part. People who were once happy are willing to share themselves again. Maybe true, maybe not! Good luck to you and may you find continued happiness! Life is too short as it is .... as you well know.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 PM

God bless you and may your future be bright and Happy!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 PM

I am so happy for you and Adrian. It is so hard when you lose someone, but to find another that you can be happy with is so special. Best wishes in the new year. :)
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM

I am so thrilled for you!!! I was widowed in 2001 at 51 yrs of age. 2 yrs later I met my DH and YES, you CAN tell by the first look!!!! When you're with a spouse that is of ill health (dying) then you have already been grieving -- way before they actually died. May you find continued happiness and may your relationship be as good as mine is.... :mrgreen:

on edit: A dear little lady reminded me that in this day and age, we know and talk to the "date" a LOT more than she did in her day. When she was dating her DH, they saw each other for 3 hours every Friday -- did not have phones to talk in between, and were engaged in 6 months, married at 8 months. Been married almost 60 yrs now!!!! Yes, we talked a LOT more than they did!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Arron - there is no set time for grieving so don't let anyone tell you what you should or should not be doing or feeling - only you know that {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} we love to hear from you and know how things are progressing for you and Adrian . Please keep us posted
Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

So pleased to hear that things are going well...as a wife and mother it made me happy to read your post. Life goes on, you don't forget those who have gone, but love and laughter are as important to life as breathing. It is a great tribute to Cathy and your marriage with her, that you and Adrian are able to be open to new and happy associations. Wishing you both, love, light and peace from the land of Aus.