Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Forum Members

Banned
    Lately, I have seen some posts and replies. Some of the comments are rather rude. I do believe if someone does not agree, like, or just wants to make a rude remark that they should not comment at all.
    I know people like to get "many posts" in, but think before you do it. We are not here to hurt people's feelings.

This is a friendly forum. Please try to keep things nice around here.
    Please let a moderator know if you think it is really out of line.
    You could also PM someone and suggest that they need to be a little more nice or gentle.

If you have a complaint with someone, talk to them privately.

well said...I agree

I agree.

My folks taught me this: If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

P.S. I love the jokes on this forum, I share them with my quilting friends at work. Whoever puts them on here is a big THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sally's girl
    well said...I agree
    Love your avatar.

Blog Entries
    Why would you say something rude? Let's keep it nice or keep your peace.

Glad this was said Thank you!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    If I have ever said anything rude, it was totally unintentional and I would want someone to point it out to me. It would embarass the heck out of me but I can only fix problems if I know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    If I have ever said anything rude, it was totally unintentional and I would want someone to point it out to me. It would embarass the heck out of me but I can only fix problems if I know about them.
    Very True. I would rather be given a chance to apologize and amend or explain the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimito2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    Very True. I would rather be given a chance to apologize and amend or explain the statement.
    this is how i feel also i would never mean to be rude and if i have been i am sooo sorry i just love this site never have ment it that way

Quote Originally Posted by karenchi
    Lately, I have seen some posts and replies. Some of the comments are rather rude. I do believe if someone does not agree, like, or just wants to make a rude remark that they should not comment at all.
    I know people like to get "many posts" in, but think before you do it. We are not here to hurt people's feelings.
    Yes, I've seen a few rude posts as well, but what I really notice is how often someone replies to the rudeness with tact and grace, and without putting the poster down. I think that 99.99% of what seems rude is unintentional, and the kind members of this forum understand that. It's why the QB has such a following!

I ususally keep my answers short, I dont mean too, and I hope it doesnt seem rude. My keyboard doesnt work well, and I am trying NOT to go get one. Its a pain in the rear to type with, lol!

[quote=KarenR]I agree.

My folks taught me this: If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Exactly my thoughts!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    It's best to keep in mind, it's not what you say, but what the hearer perceives you have said.

Much intent is lost in cyber space and the written rather than spoken word.

Taking offense is also a choice, not necessarily a given. It's beautiful to see how many on this board choose not to take offense, choose to believe in the good of others rather than that others meant harm.

QB is the best!
    Jan in VA

Quote Originally Posted by KarenR
    I agree.

P.S. I love the jokes on this forum, I share them with my quilting friends at work. Whoever puts them on here is a big THANK YOU!!!
    Ditto! I have been here for a short time and steer clear of those ones but I feel sorry for the ones in the 'firing line' that I have on occasion tried to soften the blow by being sympathetic to have the same person shoot me! So much for reading rules and sticking by them! But I must say that there are more nice people than there are rude ones!

sometimes people don't realize they are being rude they just have a different way of expressing themselves without realizing how it sound I sometimes do this and don't realize it till after I have read what I have written or realize somethings I have said . My husband says I talk before I think

Blog Entries
    That's why I'm not "a regular here" anymore. Now I just look at the beautiful quilts and keep my comments to myself.

I think it's good to be given this wonderful opportunity to make comments on posts that other people have written, by being supportive when someone has bad news and needs a shoulder to cry on, or has good news they want to share with us, and all the other inbetween events that are written about on this board, we should all be very tactful and think about what we are going to write, before actually doing it, if we think we are going to offend someone's feelings then leave it unsaid.

Have a good day everyone !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    It's best to keep in mind, it's not what you say, but what the hearer perceives you have said.

Much intent is lost in cyber space and the written rather than spoken word.

Taking offense is also a choice, not necessarily a given. It's beautiful to see how many on this board choose not to take offense, choose to believe in the good of others rather than that others meant harm.

QB is the best!
    Jan in VA
    Very well said. I too hope that no post I have written was perceived as rude as it was not my intent ever. I have visited a TON of on line message boards. Rude is too kind for how some post out there. Even just reading through comments on you tube videos. It is nice to have the oasis of kindness of the QB.

Blog Entries
    PM the person and let them know. might help, hopefully.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna be quilter
    I think it's good to be given this wonderful opportunity to make comments on posts that other people have written, by being supportive when someone has bad news and needs a shoulder to cry on, or has good news they want to share with us, and all the other inbetween events that are written about on this board, we should all be very tactful and think about what we are going to write, before actually doing it, if we think we are going to offend someone's feelings then leave it unsaid.

Have a good day everyone !!!
    Absolutely, I agree 100% - including ... have a good day everyone!!! :lol: