Forum Members

Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
Lately, I have seen some posts and replies. Some of the comments are rather rude. I do believe if someone does not agree, like, or just wants to make a rude remark that they should not comment at all.
I know people like to get "many posts" in, but think before you do it. We are not here to hurt people's feelings.
Yes, I've seen a few rude posts as well, but what I really notice is how often someone replies to the rudeness with tact and grace, and without putting the poster down. I think that 99.99% of what seems rude is unintentional, and the kind members of this forum understand that. It's why the QB has such a following!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

I ususally keep my answers short, I dont mean too, and I hope it doesnt seem rude. My keyboard doesnt work well, and I am trying NOT to go get one. Its a pain in the rear to type with, lol!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM

[quote=KarenR]I agree.

My folks taught me this: If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Exactly my thoughts!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

It's best to keep in mind, it's not what you say, but what the hearer perceives you have said.

Much intent is lost in cyber space and the written rather than spoken word.

Taking offense is also a choice, not necessarily a given. It's beautiful to see how many on this board choose not to take offense, choose to believe in the good of others rather than that others meant harm.

QB is the best!
Jan in VA
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by KarenR
I agree.

My folks taught me this: If you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

P.S. I love the jokes on this forum, I share them with my quilting friends at work. Whoever puts them on here is a big THANK YOU!!!
Ditto! I have been here for a short time and steer clear of those ones but I feel sorry for the ones in the 'firing line' that I have on occasion tried to soften the blow by being sympathetic to have the same person shoot me! So much for reading rules and sticking by them! But I must say that there are more nice people than there are rude ones!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 AM

sometimes people don't realize they are being rude they just have a different way of expressing themselves without realizing how it sound I sometimes do this and don't realize it till after I have read what I have written or realize somethings I have said . My husband says I talk before I think
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 AM

That's why I'm not "a regular here" anymore. Now I just look at the beautiful quilts and keep my comments to myself.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:01 AM

I think it's good to be given this wonderful opportunity to make comments on posts that other people have written, by being supportive when someone has bad news and needs a shoulder to cry on, or has good news they want to share with us, and all the other inbetween events that are written about on this board, we should all be very tactful and think about what we are going to write, before actually doing it, if we think we are going to offend someone's feelings then leave it unsaid.

Have a good day everyone !!!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
It's best to keep in mind, it's not what you say, but what the hearer perceives you have said.

Much intent is lost in cyber space and the written rather than spoken word.

Taking offense is also a choice, not necessarily a given. It's beautiful to see how many on this board choose not to take offense, choose to believe in the good of others rather than that others meant harm.

QB is the best!
Jan in VA
Very well said. I too hope that no post I have written was perceived as rude as it was not my intent ever. I have visited a TON of on line message boards. Rude is too kind for how some post out there. Even just reading through comments on you tube videos. It is nice to have the oasis of kindness of the QB.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

PM the person and let them know. might help, hopefully.