Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No sewing for me yesterday

Blog Entries

Smile No sewing for me yesterday

But I did make 32 jars of my family's favourite sweet garlic dill pickles. Took the whole day, but they do look nice in the jars! Lots of pickles to do us for the next year. Chili sauce, beet pickles, relish, 9 day pickles, corn relish and who knows what else to go.

Blog Entries
    wow, lots of work. but there's nothing like home-made!
    Nancy in western NY

Those sound so good. I remember when my mother and grandmother used to make those.

Blog Entries
    Could you share your recipe for sweet garlic dill pickles. They sound very interesting and different.

Yum, I love me some dill pickles! I'm going get one right now!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

32 jars! I bet it did take the whole day. I made one batch of reslish a couple of weeks ago for the first time from cukes I grew in my own garden. I've only done hot water canning - a little nervous about pressure canning.

mmmm, I love home made pickles and relish! so much better than store bought.

YUMMY!!!! It all sounds deee-licious!!!
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
    But I did make 32 jars of my family's favourite sweet garlic dill pickles. Took the whole day, but they do look nice in the jars! Lots of pickles to do us for the next year. Chili sauce, beet pickles, relish, 9 day pickles, corn relish and who knows what else to go.
    Wanna come over and help me make some black raspberry jelly to enter in the Minnesota State Fair? Would appreciate the help!!!!!! I used to do that long ago, my favorite being dill beans (Kater Bohnen) and Hot Banana Peppers! If you have a state fair I would enter them. Getting a blue ribbon is so gratifying after all the work, hot kitchen, sweat and jars that don't "ping". Good going! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    what is your recipe (well if you don't mind sharing) ?? Grandmother in law always just garlic in her jars.. along with the pickling spices !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast