Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Nook vs. Kindle

I need all the advice I can get. In the market for 1 and leaning toward the kindle, but am very, very confused.
    Any advice, or your favorite choice?

TIA Pat

Blog Entries
    has the kindle gone color yet? if not, the advantage of the nook is that you can get color magazines.

My DH and I have nooks and love them but I've never tried a kindle so can't help with comparison.

Blog Entries
    I'm facing the same decision. Interested to see what people have to say

I love, love, love my Kindle! Just finished getting 25 free books on it.

I have been using this Kindle for just over 2 years now and would buy another IMMEDIATELY if it died. *antijinx* That is how much I love it.

And no more large quantities of DUSTY books making me sneeze :-)

Kindle not in color

bj
    I have a Kindle. I got it because I'd already started a kindle acct. for my laptop. I got the smaller one (it'll fit in my purse). The books I had on my computer automatically transferred to my kindle. After I got mine, I saw there were cases that had a built in book light. My little case doesn't. At night while dh is watching tv, I use a clip-on book light. Mine will hold a charge for about 3 days, and I read a lot. I've never used or looked at a nook, but my friend loves hers.

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I have a Kindle. I got it because I'd already started a kindle acct. for my laptop. I got the smaller one (it'll fit in my purse). The books I had on my computer automatically transferred to my kindle. After I got mine, I saw there were cases that had a built in book light. My little case doesn't. At night while dh is watching tv, I use a clip-on book light. Mine will hold a charge for about 3 days, and I read a lot. I've never used or looked at a nook, but my friend loves hers.
    Only 3 days??? I read a lot and I charge about every 3 weeks. Maybe it's something about the new ones?

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgramma
    I love, love, love my Kindle! Just finished getting 25 free books on it.

I have been using this Kindle for just over 2 years now and would buy another IMMEDIATELY if it died. *antijinx* That is how much I love it.

And no more large quantities of DUSTY books making me sneeze :-)
    Do you know if it's possible to remove books from the archived list. I have some that I'll never be interested in reading again. And I hate that they're taking up space :-D :-D I'm not sure how many books it'll hold.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Check with your local library about e-book lending options. As of now, Kindle is not compatible with most library systems but is supposed to be by the end of the year. Many libraries are offering a service to let you digitally check out books to your e-reader. The type your library is compatible with might make a difference in your choice.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast