Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oopps Excel Issue - Help?

I have worked for an hour typing information into excel. It asked if I wanted to save changes and I accidentally said NO! I meant Yes, oh my all the time I put into this and now it's gone. Can anyone help me?
    I need to know if there is anyway I can recover all the work I lost.

Not that I'm aware of. Done that more times than I like to. admit.

In the future, save often. Sorry!

Blog Entries
    I've learned to save often. There is a little icon in the upper lefthand corner of the screen that you can just click on in order to re-save a file that you have already named.

If you had saved it at some point, you would be able to recover at least some of it, but under the circumstances, no. Sorry.

You might try searching HELP with this topic in Excel.
    "Recover earlier versions of a file in Office 2010" or the edition you are using. If you have auto save enabled and not realize it, you might be able to retrieve it.

I don't know that you can get back what you have lost. Check to see if you have auto save on...on my version it's under Tools, Options and there is a tab marked Saved. I have mine set to autosave every 2 minutes. It will show you where the autosave goes but I think you can only recover that if you haven't shut down. (I could be wrong). Try nanaquilter's suggestion

I try to get into the habit of hitting the save icon from time to time so I don't lose everything

Unfortunately, if you hit click No, the changes are lost up until when you saved them last. So sorry.

Excel has an auto-save feature. I think it is 10 minutes by default. Turn on "Show Hidden Folders". Search your computer for all files ~*.xls and you should find it. When you click on it to open, Excel will probably give you some kind of error or notification message.

If you're using Excel 2010, the last file it saved should show up on the right when you launch Excel and ask you if you want to recover it.

Here is where Excel 2010 on Windows 7 auto-saves files: C:\Users\yourloginname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\E xcel\

AppData is a hidden file so you will have to enable viewing hidden files if you try to go after it that way. I would try opening Excel first and see if it prompts you to recover the document.

Oh No. There is NO way to get it back. I work on Excel daily and have done that many time. So sorry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast