Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pasta!

Blog Entries
    My family loves pasta! I have an Atlas, and my MIL recently picked up a Ron Popeil pasta maker that she picked up at an estate sale. That thing is the bomb.

I haven't made home made pasta in ages. I use my food processor to mix and roll it by hand. I had a pasta machine but used it for fimo clay so it is no longer kitchen safe. I like the rolling any way, I guess I like physical things in the kitchen, I love to knead bread dough and chop vegeetables.

I only make pasta from scratch, it's so easy and SO darn good! I have the easiest egg dough recipe in the world, it's simply 2 cups unbleached all purpose King Arthur flour (flour makes a difference, there are different protein contents in various flours), 3 large eggs, and 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. I run it through the food processor, then knead it by hand for a minute, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until I'm ready to use it.

I also do eggless fresh wheat, but I grind my wheat and that's a whole different ball of wax.

Blog Entries
    Dh learned from his gramma, he does all by hand, delicious! Hisapple dumplin are the BOMB!

I have made it before! You are in for a treat!! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2