PayPal

Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Okay, what is it? If you don't have paypal, you can't buy stuff in the classifieds? Obviously, I don't have paypal!!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM

No, you are not a 'regular'. I understand you must be listed as a regular, which has to do with having 20 or more comments per two week period, I believe! Please correct me if I am wrong, someone.

Sorry, that's to sell. Not everyone uses paypal, but a lot of people prefer it.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 PM

Not everyone asks for paypal. It's just a faster and safer way to transfer money. It does involve fees though. It also protects the buyer and seller from bounced checks. Since you don't have paypal, you can always PM the seller, and ask if she will take a check or money order.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM

the fees are always paid by the seller. No cost for you to send money thru PP.
If you don't want them to have your bank account info, they have a new way you can put in cash.

My SIL is like this, "I don't want anyone to have my bank account info..."
Well every person or business that you pay with a check has ALL your bank account info. It is right on your check.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Paypal is a method of paying for something. Most sellers on e-bay collect their money thru Paypal. It's a protection for both seller & buyer. You can create an account with Paypal & use it to send money to pay for something you are purchasing or to send as a gift to family member, etc.

Paypal verify's who you are by depositing 2 small $ amounts into a checking account that you attach to your Paypal account & then you must log on & tell them how much the deposits were. You can use a credit card to make a Paypal payment, but they then charge you a 2.9%, plus $.30 transaction fee for each payment you make.

Originally Posted by jbud2
Okay, what is it? If you don't have paypal, you can't buy stuff in the classifieds? Obviously, I don't have paypal!!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM

You can get a free paypal account just for purchasess. I only use mine for ebay and this site. You can alwasy get a visa gift card one that allows you to monitor it online. paypal sends a confirmation code once you enter the visa number for payment to confirm that the account is valid. I like it.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

You dont need a paypal account to buy, only to sell.

Seller can email you an invoice via paypal and you can pay using a credit or debit card, just like using your cr or db card at a store.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM

There are no Paypal fees if you use their "Personal" & "Gift" options when making a payment from your attached checking account or money already in your Paypal account. There is a fee if you use a credit card.

Originally Posted by momymom
Not everyone asks for paypal. It's just a faster and safer way to transfer money. It does involve fees though. It also protects the buyer and seller from bounced checks. Since you don't have paypal, you can always PM the seller, and ask if she will take a check or money order.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM

I got my Paypal account many years ago. I opened a separate checking account just for Paypal. Keeping a minimal amount in the account , just incase anything would happen (like getting hacked) I won't be out alot of bucks.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM

You can buy anything you want in the classifieds. It's up to the seller what form of payment they want or prefer. With all the fraud and suspect postings on the internet, paypal continues to be the safest form of transaction for both the buyer and seller.