Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Phone Apps Give Access to Your Contacts and Phone Calls?

Blog Entries

Phone Apps Give Access to Your Contacts and Phone Calls?

I have an Android smart phone and when I got it my son downloaded some apps for me which were very useful. I also use the app from my bank that allows me to deposit checks using my phone -- and I just LOVE that one. But recently I was going to download something and noticed that by using it I was giving permission to access my contacts and phone calls! What???!!! Has anyone else noticed this and do you know how to stop it?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Good question. I don't have a smart phone but am truly wondering what privacy I am giving up if I get one. So far, the cost of one keeps me from purchasing a smartphone.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Krystyna, that's scary! I'll bet that most people don't bother reading the fine print. I had an iPhone for business for a long time and as soon as I got it I took off all of the apps that came preloaded because I'm convinced that any app has the potential to hijack everything on your phone.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

It's not just your smart phone you need to be careful with! Watch this video all the way till the end- it scared the beejeebers out of me!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7pYHN9iC9I?rel=0