Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Pictures of our non-human friends >

Pictures of our non-human friends

Pictures of our non-human friends

Old 12-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
echoemb

Wow, what great stories! And what a crew! I cannot imagine the strength of character you have to be able to win over and train those furry ones. There's no doubt you are THE alpha of alphas. I am in awe of what you have done to help these beautiful creatures, and how their lives are so much better for having you in their lives.

Just reading about them has brought such joy into my day. I love all animals, but have to admit am drawn to dogs more. Are you one who helps people with behavior problem dogs?
Celeste:

It doesn't seem to be such a big deal to me. They were so broken and I knew I could help but didn't know the outcome. Was so pleased that everybody turned out well. I helped alot of people with their dogs when I had the rescue. They would get the dog and have some problems so I would go and we'd figure it out. Most of the time it wasn't a big deal. Had one lady whose new dog kept potting in the house. Found out husband would take the dog to work with him (dog stayed in pickup all day) and then they went right into the house and nobody gave this poor dog a potty break. So he went when he couldn't hold it any longer and too bad it was in the house. Once I told her that she has to allow the dog some time outside, everything worked out. Sometimes the lack of common sense was shocking.

I totally enjoyed my work in the rescue and I really enjoyed rehabbing the various dogs. Most of the people on this thread have probably "saved" a dog in their own right and they have kept them thru thick and thin and that is the biggest saving.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
Most of the people on this thread have probably "saved" a dog in their own right and they have kept them thru thick and thin and that is the biggest saving.
I agree. A big thank you and hugs for all you out there.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum View Post
Those terriers are adorable. I especially love the white one. Sometime, we'll be getting another dog. We'll check shelters, but I'd really like one that doesn't shed.
We have a Cockapoo who does not shed and rarely barks. Wonderful traits. We do take him to the groomer every 5 weeks to keep him handsome!
Marcia
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 AM

We hope you all had a great Christmas! We took Emily to our parents for the day. A few days before I had taken three rolled rawhides, put a ribbon on them, then stuck them in among the branches of my parent's Christmas tree. It is a little three footer on top of a side table. I THOUGHT I put them out of the (Standard) Poodle's reach, but the next day, Dad told me how Eric (black color) came running into their room that morning with one of them in his mouth! Somebody was more than a little disappointed when his present got put back in the tree... but he was sidetracked with a ride to work and a visit with us and Emily.

My parents forgot my request to wait to give the rawhides to the poodles until Emily could get hers too, but put them back in the tree, and later when I handed them out, Brigit (chocolate color) was not in the least bit interested in hers, but keenly so on Emily's. (I knew it had to be hers because it still had a ribbon on it.) There was a bit of snatching and retrieving going on. I think Emily wound up with hers in the end. Dogs can be so much like little kids with their jealousies and such!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Hi everyone
It has taken me a while to go through my photos but here are my two wonderful people in a puppy suit. Sammy is a sometimes white Maltese Shitzu whom I have had since he was 6 weeks old, he is now 10 and a little grumpy old man with a heart condition. But I wouldn't trade him for the world. Prince (my avatar) is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and is now 7 years old and a little hyperactive.
Our first dog was a Cavalier KCS but sadly he passed away in 2004, only 3 weeks before we were moving interstate. His name was Buster and he was 12 when he passed away. My little Sammy was fretting for his mate so that prompted us to get another dog.
They are thoroughly ruined, spoilt rotten hand fed and have me wrapped around their little paws. What a wonderful world to live in.
Attached Thumbnails i-do-not-want-get-out-bed.jpg   sammys-favourite-position.jpg   prince-bed.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Do you see a trend with these photos, either asleep or lying on a bed
Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

my two furballs.. Athena & Sally

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299034[/ATTACH].

Athena is 'smiling' in this pic..
Attached Thumbnails img_0324aaaa.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Mirabelle - "people in a puppy suit", I like that. They sure are cute!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
my two furballs.. Athena & Sally

Athena is 'smiling' in this pic..
That really does look like a smile! Do they get along this great all the time? What kind of dog is Athena?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:54 AM

Default Our Babies

The first pics are Peaches, a 3 YO English Bulldog. Peaches is our first Bulldog and I love her dearly. We got her just after Christmas from a rescue in Tucson. She is originally from TX. She was rescued from TX by a lovely couple who were not told the truth about her medical conditions, there are many!! Anyway, she was given up because her medical just got too expensive and it seems this will be lifelong. Soooo, maybe we really don't need to go on vacation this year????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318877[/ATTACH]The next pic is Molly, Boxer and Oreo, Shih-Tzu. Molly passed last year at 13. Oreo was my Mom's dog before she passedand we inherited and who did not like us very much. That is why we adopted Peaches. It's very hard to live with a dog who doesn't like you. If you can imagine this, he was cordial, didn't growl or anything but only survived at our house. That changed immediately when we got Peaches for some reason???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318883[/ATTACH]
The last pics are our fish pond!![ATTACH=CONFIG]318885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]318886[/ATTACH]

I've always had Boxers, except for Peaches.[ATTACH=CONFIG]318887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails copy-2-peaches-008.jpg   copy-5-peaches-001.jpg   copy-peaches-018.jpg   dscn1325.jpg   3-13-2006-162.jpg  

12-8-2004-3-11.jpg   12-8-2004-3-14.jpg   jay-jane.jpg