Pinterest

Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM

I agree with your daughter!! It is addictive! HaHa! Type in quilts in the search box and you will find lots and lots of ideas and pictures!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 PM

My DIL invited me to join. I don't know how to navigate around on it or how to use it. I'm waiting until my next trip to Indiana so she can show me how to use it.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM

I'm addicted. My husband thought I was nuts. Then he asked for an invite. Now he has more "pins" than I do!!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM

I absolutely love Pinterest! It's like clipping out magazine articles I want to save, but doing it electronically and putting them on the computer instead of all over the house, LOL! I've tried many teaching ideas, recipes, household hints, organization tips, and craft ideas. It's like anything else - use it the way you want to and how it works best for you.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by annasgirl View Post
Oh goodness, yes.....I love Pinterest. Try www.craftgawker.com if you really want to get lost for an hour!!!
Gee, thanks annasgirl. I wasn't on the computer enough lately, LOL! Seriously, thanks for this!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM

I have found some great stuff on pinterest, cooking, cleaning tips, even gardening, just check it out, it's not as fun as this board, but it has some very clever ideas
Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
actually you do NOT need to copyright a picture, you OWN it, there for it is yours and nobody had the right to STEAL it and do what they want with it!
I want to back Jacquie up on this, because it is absolutely true, not just pictures, but words and other intellectual property belong to the person who created them and are not there for the pickin'. To anyone out there who wants to possibly use your own picture in, say, a book that you will publish later, think twice before putting it up on the Internet because theft of intellectual property is so rampant that many people just assume there's nothing wrong with it.

There is a concept of fair use, but that's pretty murky water and hard to defend in court, unless you've studied the law and know for certain that what you're doing falls into that category. That said, it's not likely that anyone will ever have reason to raid your computer and discover that you've saved screen shots of various quilts and poems or whatever for your own inspiration and reference later. If you're not spreading these things around without permission and failing to give credit to the person they belong to, and if you're not using them to make a profit, you are probably on safe ground. It's just time for people to show a little more respect for the creative works of others.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM

me too. I love browsing, and most times, what you see is what you get. No misleading post names to deal with. I've cooked many of the recipes that I've pinned, and have saved many delightful patterns and ideas. I find the site to be quite useful .
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

If there was a way to sign up WITHOUT having to have a facebook account, I would. I want nothing to do with facebook!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
actually you do NOT need to copyright a picture, you OWN it, there for it is yours and nobody had the right to STEAL it and do what they want with it!
This is true of a hard copy photograph. No one can come into your abode legally and take the photo from you without facing legal ramifications. However, when you transmit a photo electronically to the internet and it is not registered as a copyrighted photo, you MAKE IT public domain when you put it on your blog/this board/etc!! Anyone can save the photo, print it out, make flyers of it if they want....the person who makes it public can do nothing about it (unless they have a registered copyright and can prove that the use of their photo affected the market negatively).
That does not not mean that it's right to do it. It just means there is no legal recourse for the owner unless they have a copyright, and even then, it's costly and a long road to prove copyright infringement.
This http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...extTheft.shtml was posted in links and resources and it's quite informative. Real live laws are cited and backed up with case law. There is very interesting reading about patterns and quilt designs as well.