Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Pinterest users?

  1. #1
    a regular here sarahsews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    Anybody here using pinterest.com? If so, how do you like it?

  2. #2
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    42,500
    Blog Entries
    43
    doesn't really [p]interest me LOL

  3. #3
    Super Member blondeslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Airmont, NY
    Posts
    3,245
    I spend too much time on QB-don't need any more distractions.

  4. #4
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,938
    Blog Entries
    2
    I tried it but I care for it.

  5. #5
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    One of my daughters sent me the link a few days ago, but I haven't even checked it out yet. I know she uses it some.

  6. #6
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knot Merrill, Southern Indiana
    Posts
    5,713
    I looked at it once. Don't understand the purpose, or hype about it.

  7. #7
    a regular here sarahsews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    OK. It's by invitation only, or get on the waiting list...so none of you are going to "invite me? :-)

    Some people are saying it's a great way to get exposure if you make things to sell online if you have a small group who cross promotes for each other - can't toot your own horn.

  8. #8
    Senior Member SUZAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fowlerville, MI
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    doesn't really [p]interest me LOL
    LOL I signed up when my daughter signed up to see what type of stuff she liked but then I couldn't stand it because I got so many e-mails, even with the lowest amount selected

  9. #9
    Super Member wuv2quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Morganton, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,927
    Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by blondeslave
    I spend too much time on QB-don't need any more distractions.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  10. #10
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    I never heard of it but this is my one and only place :D:D

  11. #11
    Super Member GABBYABBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Camden, Ohio
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I never heard of it but this is my one and only place :D:D
    Mine too!!!

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Newberg, OR
    Posts
    1,942
    I've used it, but I don't get the point. I can save links to me computer, so I don't get why I need a website for that. And Twitter? Don't get me started. Too much social networking makes me crabby.

  13. #13
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    I don't use it either

  14. #14
    Super Member Peckish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,109
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahsews
    OK. It's by invitation only, or get on the waiting list...so none of you are going to "invite me? :-)

    Some people are saying it's a great way to get exposure if you make things to sell online if you have a small group who cross promotes for each other - can't toot your own horn.
    I love it.

    It's actually not JUST by invitation only, you can go to the website and request an invite. That's how I got mine.

    I'd be cautious of self-promotion, it's somewhat against the rules.

  15. #15
    a regular here sarahsews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahsews
    OK. It's by invitation only, or get on the waiting list...so none of you are going to "invite me? :-)

    Some people are saying it's a great way to get exposure if you make things to sell online if you have a small group who cross promotes for each other - can't toot your own horn.
    I love it.

    It's actually not JUST by invitation only, you can go to the website and request an invite. That's how I got mine.

    I'd be cautious of self-promotion, it's somewhat against the rules.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Oh, I know self-promotion is against the rules. I have requested an invite on the website now.

  16. #16
    Junior Member KSCrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    103
    I LOVE it! It's been a great source for recipes and crafts for my daughter's birthday party and an event at church. I'm hooked! (Kind of like flickr.com and here- I LOVE looking at neat photos!)

  17. #17
    Super Member Connie in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canon City, Colorado
    Posts
    2,438
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ladies,,,,what are you talking about?

  18. #18
    Super Member Peckish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,109
    Blog Entries
    1
    A website called Pinterest.com, it's sort of a visual bookmarking site. I've "pinned" things to my page such as quilts I like and recipes I want to try, in addition to decorating ideas, funny pictures of animals for my youngest son, craft projects, etc. The bookmarks are stored as pictures, which is VERY helpful if you're a visual person.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    113
    I also love this site.. I have found some great recipes and quilt patterns.

  20. #20
    Super Member mamaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    doesn't really [p]interest me LOL
    Too funny, from another Nan LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.