Pinterest

Old 05-23-2017, 01:56 PM

Default Pinterest

I don't have a Pinterest account but sometimes wish I did. I always find it a pain in the neck to be hunting for cute quilt block ideas and the best are on Pinterest. I was just googling cute ears of corn quilt blocks and all the best seem to be there... *Sigh*

May some one please explain how Pinterest works? I don't like the idea of it being public or "being followed". I would like to have Pinterest just to keep ideas available for myself, not a social thing. Is this possible? And I really want it so I can get patterns and stuff that only seem available through Pinterest.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

i don't know about an account, but i go on it a lot. just type in Pintrest, give them your e mail account. they send you stuff every day. or you can type in what you want. say red quilts. all red quilts will come up. then you click on the one you want, it will be at the top of the page. click on that, and it will bring you to a web site. i don't know what you mean about an account
Old 05-23-2017, 02:40 PM

You have an option to keep your "boards" private, if you want. Boards being categories that you set up and can save ideas or pictures to that you like. I don't think there is any difference in signing up here or for Pinterest. You use a screen name, if you wish, I do. As far as followers, all that means is that there are other people who have the same interests or tastes as you and so may opt to "follow" you as a quick way to find ideas they know they will like. It has nothing to do with "following" anything personal about you. That info is just not there, that I know of. And as I said before, you can keep your boards private. I find a lot of ideas there, more than I can use really, but it is fun.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM

I find Pinterest very impersonal. It's a lot like looking up photos on Google Images. Yes, you do have to set up an account with your Email. And, use a username. You can set up your account to be as private as you want.

Truthfully, I "pin" like there's no tomorrow. But, very rarely (meaning, if ever) do I look for someone's personal info. (I am usually on a mission looking for ideas.) I don't post any of my photos there. Although, I have seen a few of mine on there. (That doesn't bother me. I'm flattered that they liked something I've made.) Plus, I'm not a designer and I do not sell anything online or off.

For me, it's a great place for me to find great ideas on just about ANYTHING!! My daughter turned me onto Pinterest prior to the birth of my first Grandchild.

I hope you'll look it up and see if it's a good place for you to visit.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM

I dont do facebook or many social medias, but I do pinterest.....I signed up with a boardname and an e-mail that I never check . I pin ideas like a mad woman, file them , and search them when I need them. Its a great place to park something you like on the internet and share with others and/or myself when necessary.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:00 PM

I do what Jane said but I don't pin anything. If I like something I save it
on my computer. That way I can still find it any time I want to.
With bookmarks, Pins, clouds, etc, chances are it will disappear sooner
or later. And my computer gets an automatic backup every night.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

If you are online, have email, or create any account anywhere then you are followed, tracked, and stored. Even the ads here target your likes. Ad Blocker blocks the ads from showing not from collecting data.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

I love Pinterest for great patterns and ideas but hate the email everyday telling me who is liking my pins. I really don't care who likes something I like.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:00 AM

I always think some day I'm going to come across a Pinterest board and I'm going to like everything on it so much I'll think, "This person has exquisite taste!" and then I'll realize it's mine, lol. I am forever pinning things but rarely get back to looking at what I pinned.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 AM

I have a Pinterest account and a list of my own boards. When I save something I can segregate it to the right board. For example, I like sampler quilts. So I have a board on my Pinterest called Sampler quilts. Other people look at it, but it's just stuff I've saved from pictures that were in the public domain. I get a notification once in a while that so and so, and I don't keep track, liked one of my pins and pinned the same pic to their board.