Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Placing Flags at National Veterans Cemetery

Blog Entries

Placing Flags at National Veterans Cemetery

My DH and I belong to a car club here, and we all decided to go to our local National Cemetery today tohelp place flags on the graves as a community service project. Since my Dad is buried there, I took my mom along so she could put his flag up and visit his grave. Here are 2 pictures. We took many more, but I didn't take them all off the camera yet. Anyway, you can see in the distance what a neat cemetery this place is...it's only 2 years old, and very natural in the way they developed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Good for you. I've often asked my Son if he's visited his Fathers grave. Its north of Houston and my son lives not too far away. Wish i were closer.

That's wonderful of you to do that. I watched them doing it (on TV) at Arlington. I'm old enough that I remember my parent's referring to this weekend as "Decoration Day".
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I also remember Memorial Day as Decoration Day, was only one day when I was a kid. My late Dad and two late Brothers are all buried in National cemeteries, in different States. The National Cemeteries are all beautiful, the reason I had my youngest Brother buried there. They will be taken care of forever.
    Good for you to put flags out, Boy Scouts do it here.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Bless your heart for taking the time to volunteer to place the flags. The Boy Scouts do it here at the Bay Pines National Cemetery (where my dad is) in St Petersburg, FL. It is another beautiful and peaceful location.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love seeing all the flags at the National Cemetaries, always brings tears to my eyes. My sons boy scout troop used to place the flags at the one on Pensacola Naval Air Station where my husband is buried and my uncle is in Arlington.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Blog Entries
    Thank You for your great support of our veterans. I went to the cemetery today to put flags on my father and step fathers graves. Beautiful but at the same time sad to see so many flags.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

What a great thing to do, Thank you.

Thank you ......

Blog Entries
    Blessings and thanks to veterans and to those who continue to remember them and place flags.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast