Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: It is pouring rain again!

Blog Entries

It is pouring rain again!

Just last week so much rain came down so fast, it flooded many streets in the Twin Cities (MN) and took out the electricity from a lot of homes. Quite a few trees came down too. We didn't have that damage here in Wisconsin, but we did watch the rain that day come in horizontally.

I believe it has rained every single day for two weeks, and four of those rainfalls have been the flash flooding type. This has made it very difficult for us to get all of our perennials planted! Will be too wet tonight to do any.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a lot better than the drought that was predicted for our area this year! I remember sweating bullets pulling heavy hoses around trying to keep all our new trees and plants watered when we first moved in about seven years ago.

We've had so much rain too! We have had twice the normal amounts of rain for June. Storms came through Monday and Tuesday. Now the humidity is like hitting a brick wall when you go outside!

Blog Entries
    We've been in the high 90s for 2 weeks and it doesn't look any better. We can only water our lawns the day of our scheduled waste pick up. That is also the only day we are allowed to wash our vehicles. $200.00 fine. So we spend a few bucks and go to the car wash instead. We're just the opposite. Never a happy medium

Blog Entries
    my friend in England said they were told to expect cold wet summers for the next 10 years!!

So much for global warming!

It been raining here too! but the unrelenting humidity that is getting to me!

If it isn't raining, it's hot and dry. We can't win in the weather skirmish. Mother Nature rules!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Rain. I've heard that word before.
    Never outsmart your common sense.

Karen

Blog Entries
    We've had the "pineapple express". ( weather system from Hawaii) . Lots of rain and humidity...to the loss of millions of dollars in cherry crops. At least I'm not out pulling weeds in the rain; my DD says it's bad for the plants if I do that! What ever!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

We could use some of that rain! We will get a hay crop this year - last year we didn't get anything. We've had a wetter spring than we've had for a long time but still no water in our little creek.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast