Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/book-readers-what-books-you-reading-lets-chit-chat-t49707.html)

craftybear 06-14-2010 11:21 PM

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

do you also belong to your local library?

Darlene 06-15-2010 02:54 AM

I just finished A Rose by the Door by Deborah Bedford. It was a wonderful book. I do belong to my library.

tmg 06-15-2010 02:57 AM

I try to prof read my kids books. By the way is a full time read. My 14 year old daughter is reading Shakespeare the unrevised ones and this is by chose. My son 17 year old son like all kinds of books. I don't prof read many of his anymore.

barnbum 06-15-2010 03:06 AM

tmg--good for you!!!

I just finished "Just Breathe" by Susan Wiggs--it was awesome. I just started "The Horseman's Daughter" by the same author--so far I love it. Amazing writing!!

I haven't read a novel for pleasure in so long--it feels wonderful--even better--to know there's a good book waiting when I'm ready.

Our local library is quaint and cozy. I went there when in elementary school and on--took my kids there since they were babies--and still go. I love that I can put any book on hold in the whole system and it will be delivered to this library. I don't buy books anymore--well, fiction for me anyway. I still buy books for my profession and for students.

Next week, my class is walking to the library close to the school--just to make sure everyone's library cards are updated and ready to go and to discover where the young adult books are! :wink:

I could hang out in a library all day.

no1jan 06-15-2010 03:16 AM

I have difficulty reading because of my eyes, but I love listening to audio tapes. I have a large collection plus borrow them from the library.

Currently I am listening to "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

sunflower126 06-15-2010 03:20 AM

I am reading The House on Olive Street by Robyn Carr. It is a good book as are all of hers. This one was a bit hard to get into for some reason. Moving along better now. Yes I do belong to the library. Ours is very small compared to the one in the town we moved from. I spend a lot of time reading.

marymc 06-15-2010 03:45 AM

I love to read. Our book club just read "A Reliable Wife". We will be getting together Thursday to discuss it. I am also reading "Mudbound" which is really well written. I like to buy my books but I do carry a library card and stop in there. My daughter is an English major in her final year. She is hosting book club this month and I am eager to see what she will suggest for next months book.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-15-2010 04:06 AM

The library is my best friend!! :D Seriously, I love to go and have my whole life. Thanks, Craftybear, for starting this thread. I LOVE talking about books and getting new titles.
I just got 12 audiobooks. They are great for just about any activity I engage in.
I am reading and listening to several at the moment :)

sueisallaboutquilts 06-15-2010 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
I love to read. Our book club just read "A Reliable Wife". We will be getting together Thursday to discuss it. I am also reading "Mudbound" which is really well written. I like to buy my books but I do carry a library card and stop in there. My daughter is an English major in her final year. She is hosting book club this month and I am eager to see what she will suggest for next months book.

If I hadn't been a nursing major I would have been an English major. I loved my Humanities courses, especially b/c nursing courses are really tough!! It was such a nice change from all the anatomy and physiology of everything :mrgreen:

anicra 06-15-2010 04:24 AM

I just finished, "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. It was an excellent book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. Since I lie in the back of beyond - 20 miles from the closest grocery and department stores, I'm very happy my wonderful library is only 9 miles away!