Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have certain cups/mugs that you like? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-certain-cups-mugs-you-like-t158967.html)

Quilty-Louise 10-08-2011 11:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
If/when you drink coffee, hot tea or any hot beverage
do you like to use certain cups or mugs depending on
what your drinking?

I do, if I am drinking coffee I use one of four mugs, but
most often it is my mickey mouse mug that I like to use.
When I drink hot tea I like to use my celestial seasonings
mug I have or a clear cobalt blue mug. But when I drink
hot chocolate I will use any mug except the big ones.

What are your preferences (if any)?

mickey mouse mug
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267941[/ATTACH]

ptquilts 10-08-2011 12:06 PM

i like a bone china cup and saucer for hot tea - it seems to cool off faster so I can drink it right away. Coffee - not too fussy.

S D G 10-08-2011 12:10 PM

Yes I have a certain mug I prefer. Mine is an old thick ceramin mug. It was purchased at a auction. It has the Cummins Engine Co. logo on it. My father retired from there about 20 yrs. ago.

sally's girl 10-08-2011 12:30 PM

I have 2 favorite mugs a christmas mug for coffee and for hot tea I use my Pug mug

ssgramma 10-08-2011 12:38 PM

(ex)DIL gave me a large pottery mug one Christmas with a black kitty on it. It is for my coffee. For tea, hot toddys, hot chocolate it depends on the drink.

redquilter 10-08-2011 01:12 PM

I have a mug from Cornell University (where one of my daughter's attend many moons ago). That I use for coffee. I have a bone china mug I purchased in Harrods several years ago - that's for tea. For hot chocolate I use any of the other mugs in the kitchen. When I have company, I drink from the coffee cups to go with my dinnerware, just like everyone else!

harrold48 10-08-2011 01:15 PM

China teacup and saucer for tea. My genealogy mug for coffee. A large glass mug for hot chocolate. Now I need to make myself drink more water. Maybe a special glass is required.:)

QuiltnNan 10-08-2011 01:18 PM

several months ago, my favorite tea mug, which i'd been using for over 10 years, developed a crack. my daughter had given me a mug from her university. it was the right shape, but i couldn't tell how dark the tea was because it was maroon. i looked everywhere for a white straight sided 18oz replacement that didn't require an arm/leg in postage to order. finally, i was in GW one day and saw a large volume mug, but it was polkadots with a yellow inside. for the price, i grabbed it anyway. now it is my new fav. even my 4yo DGD made a comment that she liked it. :)

Granny Quilter 10-08-2011 01:18 PM

My coffee mug is cobalt blue glass with a wolf, (I have 2 of them, so if one is dirty), for tea, adifferent blue one, ceramic, and when I have company, like next Tue. when the knitting club is coming, I wash my collection of mugs from places I've been.
I have about 50 hanging on a wall.

MisDixie 10-08-2011 01:28 PM

I like big mugs for the coffee and china tea cups for the tea. One of my pet peeves is someone using my favorite mug at work. We all bring in our favorite mugs. One person on staff will grab my cup then say "you really don't mind do you?" Drives me up the wall!! So now I take the coffee and tea in a big insulated stainless steel mug and never let it out of my hand.