Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have favorite jeans? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-favorite-jeans-t286886.html)

Garden Gnome 03-18-2017 11:27 AM

Do you have favorite jeans?

The comments about the silly mom jeans with knee windows got me to wondering what kind of jeans do "mature" women buy? If you can't tolerate tight spandex and hate the way most jeans make you look, have you found anything that you do like? Can we mention brands on here?
Have you found a brand and style that works for you?

Tartan 03-18-2017 12:56 PM

I like the jeans with 2 %spandex added for comfort. I also want my jeans to come all the way to the waist. No low rise jeans for this old girl. Brand names don't matter, I just try on a bunch until I find a pair that fits well.

Onebyone 03-18-2017 01:24 PM

Right now my favorite to wear around the house are Lee Riders Curvy Skinny petite pants. Not really jeans but look like denim, I'm 5' 2". They are the perfect length and not baggy but not skin tight. They are very comfortable. The curvy fit means the waist is where the waist should be and not on the hips. No holes and no sparkly or gaudy back pockets. Very slimming and look great with slip on flats and a nice top. 123 I'm ready for the day at home, to go shopping, or out and about. Inexpensive too! I don't mind wearing them to do yard work or housework and worry if I mess them up.

cashs_mom 03-18-2017 01:27 PM

I like the 2% spandex, too. My favorites at present are some made by Harley Davidson and only available online for some reason. I bought 1 pair at $40 and liked them so well, I bought a second. Great price for really sturdy jeans that aren't too fitted. Since they are made for straddling a bike, there's extra thigh room and they don't bind. I really like that.

I had some Talbots gift cards and bought a pair from them. They are really nice and a bit dressier than the HD ones. I wear that pair to the office with a jacket. Dark wash and like I say a bit dressier.

NJ Quilter 03-18-2017 02:53 PM

I, too, like the 2% spandex. I personally prefer the hip-height waist vs the full height waist. I find that the 'normal' waist height is too high for me - I'm 5'2" as well. And I get the short/petite version as the length is good as well as the rise from crotch to waist is better suited to my size. I'd have to look at what brand I've been wearing. Have not bought new jeans in a few years now. But I do really like what I've been wearing - obviously. And equally obviously, they hold up really well!

Chasing Hawk 03-18-2017 02:57 PM

Lane Bryant jeans is what I wear. Expensive but so comfortable. The Sales Lady also helps when getting the correct fit for my body type.

quiltsRfun 03-18-2017 03:03 PM

I have a favorite pair that's about eight years old and wearing thin. They're Lee jeans but they don't make that style any more. They have a bit of spandex but the thing I like best is the way the waistband fits. It has a soft elastic backing so it fits without gapping.

QuiltnLady1 03-18-2017 05:59 PM

I like the version of Gloria Vanderbilt that Costco used to carry -- they had a little stretch and wide-ish legs (the new legs are too narrow for me).

lynnie 03-18-2017 06:08 PM

i like a brand at Avenue. it has some spandex, and this my pink ones are my favorite. they go with everything. I should have bought 2 pairs. they were about $50-55 and worth every penny. they are very great there, and like Romans, will help you while your in the room half naked, they will run and get you another size, style or color.

TexasSunshine 03-18-2017 06:25 PM

I love the Knit Jeans I bought at Catherines. They have spandex and are not baggy and fit well without being too tight. They are so comfy.