Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have favorite jeans? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-favorite-jeans-t286886.html)

lindaschipper 03-19-2017 08:24 AM

2% spandex, medium to dark wash, not low rise, sits at the waist, and long enough to cover the bottom of my ankle.....prefer straight legs too.

marge954 03-19-2017 09:22 AM

Macy's, Style & Co., Ex-Boyfriend, Skinny Ankle, Low Rise. I am short and curvy/lumpy with a pot belly and a butt. These jeans have some spandex. The are soft and although they are low rise they don't cut into my aging pot belly and you don't see the plumber's crack if I bend over:) In the picture on the Macys page they look form fitting and tight but I bought mine a size bigger and they fit and feel great. They also come in Plus Size They run a sale quite often so I usually wait until they are $28 to buy a new pair. Since I get the same jean each time I now order from the web so they come right to my door.

MaggieLou 03-19-2017 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 7786818)
I like the version of Gloria Vanderbilt that Costco used to carry -- they had a little stretch and wide-ish legs (the new legs are too narrow for me).

I like the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans too. They are the only jeans I've found that fit the way I like. BJ's Wholesale carries Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. They have different styles of stretch. Some more than others. Check the different styles to find one you like.

Irishrose2 03-19-2017 10:22 AM

Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda's fit me well, but I have to try them on in the store. I have several 12s that fit well, so I bought another pair - same store, same size marked - they couldn't have been more than a 8. Same thing with my favorite corduroys - St Johns Bay Secretly Slender from Penney's. This year's 14 is smaller than last year's 12. I like mine slightly below the waist with straight legs. Lees have a pair I want, but no local store have had my size - the joys of small town living.

sak658 03-19-2017 10:25 AM

I love my Riders Lee Jeans, very comfortable, straight leg, fit at the waist...Walmart and K-mart carry them...around $26 a pair...very little stretch...and last forever...

madamekelly 03-19-2017 05:07 PM

I buy Lee Rider boot cut petites. Them, and an old brand "Chic", are the only ones that completely cover my "Bivens Buns". I hate low rise jeans. Not for this old gal. I do still own my first pair of bell bottom hip huggers though, with rhinestones on them, but no chance they will ever be in fashion again...

Anniedeb 03-19-2017 05:38 PM

Lee Rider, with spandex. I have a black pair, and a denim pair, both have seen better days! Got them at Fleet Farm, but they don't carry this particular style any more. I live in jeans, or athletic pants/capris, and have been searching for replacement jeans for several weeks. I'm tall, apple shaped in the front only, and straight as a board from shoulders to ankles in the back!! Good fit does not come easy!!

cashs_mom 03-19-2017 07:46 PM

I've never had the newer 2% spandex jeans get baggy at the knees (or anywhere else) and have some pairs I've been wearing for 10 years now. I guess it depends on what brand you buy. I find the more expensive ones are really worth the $$$ because of that.

ctrysass2012 03-19-2017 07:52 PM

Jeans @ bras take the longest to find a good fit. Then in a year or 2 what fit has either changed or been discontinued.
I agree with a previous poster, small towns don't have very good selections.

Claire123 03-19-2017 08:33 PM

Good question. I am long overdue for some new jeans. I am just going to try some on until I find something I like.