Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is doing something that scares you , always a good thing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/doing-something-scares-you-always-good-thing-t143530.html)

melissa Dove 08-08-2011 03:48 AM

I'm feeling really nervous as I prepare to drive to Germany early tomorrow. I have driven in europe before but its the first time since I split with my ex. I know that I have to just rely on myself but its hard and a little bit scary. I'm hoping that once I return I will feel more confident. Wish me luck .

JulieR 08-08-2011 03:54 AM

Good luck! You'll do great!

Fear is a natural, important biological response. It makes us sharper and more attentive. It can help us get through new or difficult circumstances successfully.

So it's good to be a bit nervous - it means you're going on a new adventure! :)

sewmuchmore 08-08-2011 03:56 AM

You will do fine, stay calm and enjoy the drive. :thumbup:

sweet 08-08-2011 04:02 AM

You will be fine. Get those first miles under your belt and the rest should go easy. Be Safe and Good Luck. :)

yonnikka 08-08-2011 04:09 AM

Harness your anxiety by putting it to use: pack extra bottles of water for the trip, take a little extra cash, more than you had planned; pack an emergency bag with items you might need like candy bars, a blanket, flashlight, extra batteries, cookies, bandaids, a hat, a couple paperback books to read, etc. Make a list and check it twice. Leave your address and phone number with two friends, make a plan to call them when you arrive in Germany, or a designated time. Then, have a cup of camomile tea and get some sleep.

emerald46 08-08-2011 04:09 AM

Have a wonderful trip. Sometimes being scared just helps us be more aware of what we are doing and that can be a very good thing.

great aunt jacqui 08-08-2011 04:10 AM

starting is the scariest step. Once you are on the road it will be easier believe me. you will do great.

ssgramma 08-08-2011 04:17 AM

Wishing you a safe and fun trip! I drove about 1100 miles each way alone in June. 1st time to go so far alone in YEARS! It actually was nice to be able to stop anytime/anywhere I wanted LOL

neeng 08-08-2011 04:20 AM

Me too. A lot of firsts for me since losing DH last summer....but every time I do something by myself that I never had to do before, it builds up that much more confidence.

Go for it, have a great time, this is your chance to be free!

A little bit of nervousness is a good thing, but you'll be so proud of yourself afterwards!

Originally Posted by ssgramma
Wishing you a safe and fun trip! I drove about 1100 miles each way alone in June. 1st time to go so far alone in YEARS! It actually was nice to be able to stop anytime/anywhere I wanted LOL

sandy14 08-08-2011 04:24 AM

I know you will be fine and put your anxiety away and just move forward. And as the other ladies said, you will be so proud of yourself for making the journey.

Blessings to you.

sandy14