Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FINALLY!! After 3 months of hard work.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finally-after-3-months-hard-work-t20274.html)

Izy 05-18-2009 12:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of you will remember that we suffered a week of terrible storms at the beginning of February,which had a devastating effect on our garden. We have been working non stop more or less and just today I finally felt that we have managed to get our pool deck, not as it was as it can never be, but at least like it should be :D

I will post some 'flood damage' pictures first :(

Izy 05-18-2009 12:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So now I can smile again when I look out...... :D

Izy 05-18-2009 12:42 PM

This is only one area that we suffered damage, and what you don't realise is that under all that mud is a full border of plants and a 4' high wall that was pushed over with the flood waters, it got actual worse than this, but I didn't take any pictures, but you can get an idea :(

We have also had to repaint the whole of the outside of the house and buildings as everything was stained, it has been a non stop job for us, but thank god hard work and perseverance has won!! :D :D :D

Izy 05-18-2009 12:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks Loretta, we do love our villa and have put our heart and soul into this place, so when nature takes it's spite out on you it's harder to bear, but you just got to dust yourself down and get on with the clear up!!

Here's some work in progress shots.... :?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35440[/ATTACH]

Had to get a machine in as it became just to hard to remove all of the debris
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35441[/ATTACH]

We still have this area to do, all that waste soil is what the machine has had to dig out, it was supposed to be my veggie and fruit garden....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35442[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 12:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More :D

Thankfully this area below the pool deck didn't get any damage...phew!! we only planted this area up last year
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35445[/ATTACH]

Jim's Gem 05-18-2009 12:51 PM

It's looking great. Sorry you had such a mess, I remember the pictures when it happened. Maybe now you can get back to quilting!!!

Izy 05-18-2009 12:54 PM

Well we are renting the villa out for the summer Gayle that was why we were in such a panic...can you imagine if we had some earlier bookings OMG doesn't bear to think about it, anyway, luckily we got the worst of it done before the high summer season, so we will be moving out next week. THEN I will be able to relax into my quilting properly, don't worry I am taking absolutely everything quilting related with me lol!! :lol:

sharon b 05-18-2009 12:54 PM

Looks so much better.... I don't know how much quilting I would get done with such a wonderful backyard :wink:
Sharon

Knot Sew 05-18-2009 12:55 PM

looking good again, happy for you
:D

Izy 05-18-2009 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In summers past I usually sit in the covered lounge and my machine table is on castors so I used to wheel it out, as it gets so hot here in the summer you really need to be in the shade Sharon

This is the summer lounge area, where I sit and sew with a cooling breeze blowing through the open windows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35446[/ATTACH]