Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Grown Up/Adult coloring books? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grown-up-adult-coloring-books-t272871.html)

KalamaQuilts 12-01-2015 02:11 PM

Grown Up/Adult coloring books?

Are any of you coloring? I have a friend who introduced me to coloring books a while back, and her work is so pretty.
I even looked at them on Amazon a few weeks ago and went so far to stick one in my cart. A few days later Rob came back from a trip with a box of 48 pencils and the book I had in my cart. Makes the hair on my neck stick out :) What a coincidence, eh?

Lost Ocean by Basford is the one he brought me, along with a Mandala book by Carlton publishing.

pojo 12-01-2015 02:23 PM

I love coloring in just old plain coloring books.

nice pictures you are showing.

Stitchnripper 12-01-2015 02:25 PM

Yes! Mr stitchnripper and I have several. I got some gel pens and some glitter gel pens. He is better at it than I am but we both enjoy it. Plus it is supposed to be a stress reliever. Can't really tell but we enjoy doing it.

marge954 12-01-2015 02:40 PM

I bought one for my DH due to his job stress level. I have colored about 1/2 the pages in the book:)

suern3 12-01-2015 03:07 PM

Very pretty. I've been tempted to try a coloring book. I loved coloring as a kid. Plus, I think it could be good practice for me to just practice various color combinations. So far I haven't jumped in. Do some coloring with our little granddaughters, though. I did try Zentangling, bought an instruction book and art paper. It is also, supposed to be relaxing and almost a form of meditation, from what I read. I thought it would be good practice for FMQ. It did not work out for me in any of those areas.

Tartan 12-01-2015 03:26 PM

I have seen them at Walmart but haven't purchased any. I think some of them would make good patterns for Zentangles. You could colour the Zentangle after sewing.

Chasing Hawk 12-01-2015 03:28 PM

I have several of those coloring books. I love 'em, they are so relaxing. I sent a couple to my daughter who loves to draw. She says she enjoys them too.

Geri B 12-01-2015 03:56 PM

When I first/saw them, I did not thinki would be interested...if I'm going to sit will,my theory was, do some constructive hand work......but WRONG...I bought a small one at the local DollarTree and a basic box of pencils...FUN....now my 5 yr old GGD has confiscated the book and pencils when she's over,so I guess I need to buy another........

Mariposa 12-01-2015 04:02 PM

I've peeked at them, but not purchased....yet! Maybe I'll get some for Christmas. :) They look very fun!

ILoveToQuilt 12-01-2015 04:04 PM

I still color...but outside the lines! I find coloring a great stress reliever. I just treated myself to a new box of 96 Crayola crayons (under $5 at Walmart).I also noticed today that JAF has adult or advanced coloring books for sale. Haven't bought one, but they do look interesting.