Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How I Feel About the New Site... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-i-feel-about-new-site-t170276.html)

cmw0829 11-29-2011 10:16 AM

How I Feel About the New Site...

I know there was a lot of angst when it was rolled out, but I have to say:

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many features with the new version that make my use of the site easier. So, a month or so after the fact, I'd just like to say thanks to the developers and the moderators who helped us with the transition.

gollytwo 11-29-2011 10:26 AM

me too
I just wish each day's new threads were separate.
It's a bother to have to scroll thru many pages to find new listings.

Normabeth 11-29-2011 10:41 AM

I agree - would also like to know if I already read the post - can't remember every title that Iread

cmw0829 11-29-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth (Post 4732984)
I agree - would also like to know if I already read the post - can't remember every title that Iread

When I read a thread, it changes color on my screen.

bearisgray 11-29-2011 10:47 AM

Sort of how I feel about my DH -

I care enough about it most of the time to try to continue to work with it - but some days it would be very easy to walk away and not look back.

TerryQuilter 11-29-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo (Post 4732945)
me too
I just wish each day's new threads were separate.
It's a bother to have to scroll thru many pages to find new listings.

After you log in, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will see a black bar with white writing. I think the second option is archives, click it and click pictures or whatever and it shows you all the newest posts.

CarrieC 11-29-2011 11:18 AM

I love it but if I could have anything - it would be to sort the postings by origin date. So I could see today's new posts first.

The new site is really nice - and I find, now that I'm used to it, that it is feeling like home.

justme CA 11-29-2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 (Post 4732919)
I know there was a lot of angst when it was rolled out, but I have to say:

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many features with the new version that make my use of the site easier. So, a month or so after the fact, I'd just like to say thanks to the developers and the moderators who helped us with the transition.

I am glad to see the positive reply but after a month I strongly disagree and have even stopped bothering to sort through the remarks for so many I have read and didn't know it. Also I find less interesting threads even when I find a new one. maybe I am burned out and am sorry but I miss the friendly back and forth of easy conversation about quilting on an easy to use site I could go on and see in almost a glance what appeals to me. Maybe if I don't look for a month after the holidays I will try again and be pleasantly surprised? If anyone has a cheerful word or reply to me I'd appreciate it.

Tartan 11-29-2011 11:39 AM

I like the new site but I don't use some of the new features. I still don't know the correct way to repond to PM's so I'm just hoping I'll eventually figure it out. I had a hard time adjusting at first but I kept reminding myself that the same great quilters are still here so the format shouldn't matter.

pscott392 11-29-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by TerryQuilter (Post 4733080)
After you log in, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will see a black bar with white writing. I think the second option is archives, click it and click pictures or whatever and it shows you all the newest posts.

That's what I do. Makes it so much easier for me.